By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise VGAs trailer, demo confirmed for January

MH looks nice. I didn' touch the series since the new 3DS so i'm up for getting back in.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Light and heavy bowgun trailers. I never really played them in Tri aand 4, but now they have gyro aiming, I'm gonna try em out.

I'm really excited about this one. Haven't seriously played monster hunter before this because the loading between areas was annoying to me. Now that that stupid limitation is gone, can't wait to kill some monsters

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Sword and Shield and Hammer trailers posted today:

nice trailer can't wait

Around the Network

The more footages i see of this game, the more i remember how bad pokémon actually is. Sorry but i can't help making the comparison between both games and especially knowing that MH is still not exploiting the switch at its limits (i still believe that MP4 will be THE game to do it and be the most beautiful game on the system). Every port, and every new game shows that Game freak did the least minimum to make the game, maybe Sw/Sh weren't designed for the switch afterall and they changed from putting it on the 3DS only late in its developpement which explains all the weaknesses in the game.
I hope that the next mainline pokémon will be developped by a studio other than Game Freak, at this point they're no more competent and will kill the series.

I've been maining the bow in MH4U, and I was planning to switch weapons in the next game, but given how much attacking has expanded in the last few games and some of the additions that this one is adding (plus being able to actually play with gyro controls!), I might run it back. I know that World finally introduced a mechanic that lets bow users cut tails, and going by that trailer above, will we able to self buff?

Hopefully I'll be able to finally get my lady friend into the series so we can hunt together. :) She didn't care for playing on the OG 3DS, but I think a bigger screen, better graphics and that extra analog that allows for far better camera control will win her over.

Gunlance:

Insect Glaive:

burninmylight said:

I've been maining the bow in MH4U, and I was planning to switch weapons in the next game, but given how much attacking has expanded in the last few games and some of the additions that this one is adding (plus being able to actually play with gyro controls!), I might run it back. I know that World finally introduced a mechanic that lets bow users cut tails, and going by that trailer above, will we able to self buff?

Hopefully I'll be able to finally get my lady friend into the series so we can hunt together. :) She didn't care for playing on the OG 3DS, but I think a bigger screen, better graphics and that extra analog that allows for far better camera control will win her over.

Well, the thought certainly won me over; while I did enjoy MH4U, I would've much preferred to play it, as you say, with a second analogue stick, better graphics, and on the TV.

I never actually played the bow, maybe I should give it a try in Rise.

heavenmercenary01 said:

The more footages i see of this game, the more i remember how bad pokémon actually is. Sorry but i can't help making the comparison between both games and especially knowing that MH is still not exploiting the switch at its limits (i still believe that MP4 will be THE game to do it and be the most beautiful game on the system). Every port, and every new game shows that Game freak did the least minimum to make the game, maybe Sw/Sh weren't designed for the switch afterall and they changed from putting it on the 3DS only late in its developpement which explains all the weaknesses in the game.
I hope that the next mainline pokémon will be developped by a studio other than Game Freak, at this point they're no more competent and will kill the series.

Gamefreak doesn't believe in Nintendo Switch success. 

Agente42 said:
heavenmercenary01 said:

Gamefreak doesn't believe in Nintendo Switch success. 

If them, an exclusive first party developer, dont believe in their hardware to the point that they threw half  unchewed product to customers, then who's gonna believe in the system ? 

I think that they've become uncopetent since the 3ds generations and are seeking only profit and dont even Care about quality at this point.