By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise VGAs trailer, demo confirmed for January

New monsters, new zones, new gameplay!

Also, a demo has been confirmed for January:

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 December 2020

Around the Network

This will be my first MH game that isn't in the PS2/Wii/PSP/3DS range, and I'm so excited. I'm STILL playing MH4U, but man will it be nice to play on a television screen with dual analog control.

This game looks better and better every fucking time. This version looked a lot more polish. I kind of expect that the demo might be an older build than some of these newer trailers, though, so it might look worse. Excited to try it, regardless.

I'm unironically thinking this might be the Nintendo Switch exclusive I've been the most excited about pre-launch so far, aside from Astral Chain which .... was a game.

Very excited to try this one. Looks great!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

BasilZero said:

Is this like a updated version of another MH game or is it a stand alone?

No. It's a new game for the switch. Capcom doesn't really do standard naming anymore for MH and have said this is mainline.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:

This will be my first MH game that isn't in the PS2/Wii/PSP/3DS range, and I'm so excited. I'm STILL playing MH4U, but man will it be nice to play on a television screen with dual analog control.

Yeah my only previous Monster Hunter games were Tri on the Wii and 4 Ultimate on 3DS, so this will be my first one outside the 6th-gen-consoles power bracket too.

I spent well over 1000 hours on Tri and it was one of my favourite games of the 7th generation, and while 4 disappointed me a little bit I still really enjoyed in and sunk several hundred hours into it, so I can't wait to get my hands on this one, it will almost certainly become my most played Switch game.

This is honestly the game I am most hyped about right now (with a release date at least). BotW 2 and Metroid Prime 4 are obviously geek-out level.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

BasilZero said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

No. It's a new game for the switch. Capcom doesn't really do standard naming anymore for MH and have said this is mainline.

Ok thanks, just making sure, its really confusing at times lol

I bought Monster Hunter 3 and 4 Ultimate on 3DS and then I see Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Switch lol

Apparently they're not going to be numbering them any more but using subtitles, e.g. World, Rise.

Generations Ultimate is sort of a "greatest hits" compilation of the monsters/zones/etc from the series up to that point, so it kinda straddles the line between being a repackaging and its own game.

Rise though is an all new entry built from the ground up.

It looks like these will be daily releases now, so I figured this was the best place to post them; weapon showcase videos. So far we have:

Yeah i only think this is for pre existing fans of the series it if does bring in new players good on Capcom. The Palamute seems fun to help the hunter in the journey.