By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 Review Thread | 83 OC, 87 Meta

Predict which range Cyberpunk's meta score will fall in?

98-100 4 4.94%

95-97 5 6.17%

92-94 28 34.57%

89-91 21 25.93%

86-88 9 11.11%

83-85 5 6.17%

80-82 3 3.70%

Less than 80 6 7.41%

Undecided 0 0%

Total:81

It's a bit odd I think because Sony Didn't Delist Fallout 76. or Days Gone.

Not that I am complaining, as Sony can always be stricter and hold games to higher performance standard.

I think, CDPR presented refunds in a way that was technically true as in it was up to Sony's Policy to obtain a refund. But, it was very misleading. Which imo, infers Sony's more strict policy is the reason why you can't get a refund. If I was running Sony I would be pissed at the two statements CDPR made. This also opened up to a lot more discussion and negative press on Sony's refund policy than they probably preferred.

The game on PC I would say is pretty good, but still way to glitchy. IMO PC reviewers initially gave this game too much of a pass on this. I'm OCD so it's probably a lot to due with me. But I find the glitches to be extremely immersion breaking, which is this games biggest strength when it is working well.

The Police System is also Horrid. Which isn't a glitch, and I hope they just change the design with a DLC or something.

If they fix those things it will be a fantastic game to me, but it's not there yet.

Around the Network
ishiki said:

The game on PC I would say is pretty good, but still way to glitchy. IMO PC reviewers initially gave this game too much of a pass on this. I'm OCD so it's probably a lot to due with me. But I find the glitches to be extremely immersion breaking, which is this games biggest strength when it is working well.

Days Gone wasnt buggy (to near same degree).... it doesnt belong in that short 3 game list you made up.

ARK ran like crap too, on consoles, and also just mainly got a pass. It was horrendous on the Switch, and base PS4/XB1s didnt run it that well either.
It too was a buggy mess, with horrible performance.

However I agree, Fallout 76, should have been pulled too.
If games arnt up to standard, a storefront should be allowed (and not afriad) to pull it.

PC version obviously got most of the attention from CDPR.
Also, while on console you have to downscale it to get it running, and the outcome is 15fps and ugly gragphics... on PC, you can just brute force it, by playing it on a 3000-5000$ PC.  Granted most PC players, dont own PCs to run it as well as reviewers do. PC reviewers gave it a huge pass. I feel like you should have reviewers review games, on differnt PC setups (low/mid/high end) to more accurately reflect the real world consumer.

Captain_Yuri said:

This was needed and I hope MS does the same. The idea of sell now fix later needs to stop. I am glad they are being punished for it.

This.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 18 December 2020

coolbeans said:
green_sky said:

Cyberpunk 2077 Refunds
SIE strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, therefore we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store. SIE will also be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

Once we have confirmed that you purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store, we will begin processing your refund. Please note that completion of the refund may vary based on your payment method and financial institution.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/

Congrats to CD Projekt Red for the first game delayed during three unique periods of its distribution: pre-release, "gone gold" incubation period, and post-release.

They promised this game would be revolutionary, seems like they finally fulfilled it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JRPGfan said:

Days Gone wasnt buggy (to near same degree).... it doesnt belong in that short 3 game list you made up.

ARK ran like crap too, on consoles, and also just mainly got a pass. It was horrendous on the Switch, and base PS4/XB1s didnt run it that well either.

If games arnt up to standard, a storefront should be allowed (and not afriad) to pull it.

Also, while on console you have to downscale it to get it running, and the outcome is 15fps and ugly gragphics... on PC, you can just brute force it, by playing it on a 3000-5000$ PC.  Granted most PC players, dont own PCs to run it as well as reviewers do. PC reviewers gave it a huge pass. I feel like you should have reviewers review games, on differnt PC setups (low/mid/high end) to more accurately reflect the real world consumer.

Captain_Yuri said:

This was needed and I hope MS does the same. The idea of sell now fix later needs to stop. I am glad they are being punished for it.

This.

I do a search on youtube and I'm seeing all sorts of bugs from DGB, almost like it's looking at Creed Unity all over again.

Also, the PC version is filled with bugs. This was me during my first ever run with the starting mission:

And no, I cannot fully brute force the game either. It's been shown that on most systems that the presets hardly do much. Some have run them to low settings and it's done nothing, while a small few claim medium gave them a boost in performance, it's not concise.

I myself have to run it with a mix of medium to high settings, but as it currently stands, I cannot run the game natively at 1440p 60fps. The game for me at native would run at a mix of 35-45fps, and that's with the "demanding" settings turned off or to low and on top of that, ini file edits and disabling Async compute.

I actually have to do what the consoles do and scale the game down to half 1080p, just to run the game at near 75fps, but that still doesn't stop the random drops to 50, and combat most definitely drops fps for me and no setting can change that at this current time.

Cards like the 2000/3000 series can gain some performance back via DLSS, but that's a piece of tech, not a mythical £3k card or anything. The game is just horribly optimised and it's not even making use of anyone's RAM, let alone VRAM.

Also here's the user scores for the game on PC, which tells a different story, compared to the embargo review sites:

You can also see the constant list of complaints and negative reviews on Steam, as well as the plethora of youtube vids pointing out the game's shortcomings, so PC gamers are hardly giving it a full on pass, that's most ly the 1% that own stupidly high end systems that are, but it's not like they matter in the grand scheme of things. 

We even had Alex at DF testing the game on a high end system, using an RTX 3090, which was most disappointing, because it wasn't being tested on multiple setups, which we all know DF owns. I can't even trust DF at this point, and I know damn well NX gamer stopped giving a shit about keeping up with PC testing a year ago, so he's no good. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
JRPGfan said:

This.

I do a search on youtube and I'm seeing all sorts of bugs from DGB, almost like it's looking at Creed Unity all over again.

Also, the PC version is filled with bugs. This was me during my first ever run with the starting mission:

And no, I cannot fully brute force the game either. It's been shown that on most systems that the presets hardly do much. Some have run them to low settings and it's done nothing, while a small few claim medium gave them a boost in performance, it's not concise.

I myself have to run it with a mix of medium to high settings, but as it currently stands, I cannot run the game natively at 1440p 60fps. The game for me at native would run at a mix of 35-45fps, and that's with the "demanding" settings turned off or to low and on top of that, ini file edits and disabling Async compute.

I actually have to do what the consoles do and scale the game down to half 1080p, just to run the game at near 75fps, but that still doesn't stop the random drops to 50, and combat most definitely drops fps for me and no setting can change that at this current time.

Cards like the 2000/3000 series can gain some performance back via DLSS, but that's a piece of tech, not a mythical £3k card or anything. The game is just horribly optimised and it's not even making use of anyone's RAM, let alone VRAM.

Also here's the user scores for the game on PC, which tells a different story, compared to the embargo review sites:

You can also see the constant list of complaints and negative reviews on Steam, as well as the plethora of youtube vids pointing out the game's shortcomings, so PC gamers are hardly giving it a full on pass, that's most ly the 1% that own stupidly high end systems that are, but it's not like they matter in the grand scheme of things. 

We even had Alex at DF testing the game on a high end system, using an RTX 3090, which was most disappointing, because it wasn't being tested on multiple setups, which we all know DF owns. I can't even trust DF at this point, and I know damn well NX gamer stopped giving a shit about keeping up with PC testing a year ago, so he's no good. 

Worse yet is that it seems that even on 3090 the game still present several issues and performance drops. So the critics that gave 100/100 while mentioning there is plenty of bugs and crashes but that will be fixed in the future aren't doing gamers a favor.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

The modern gamer mentality.

Xbox follows PlayStation's lead with no-questions-asked refunds of Cyberpunk 2077

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/xbox-follows-playstation-s-lead-with-no-questions-asked-refunds-of-cyberpunk-2077-613949.phtml

Keep fighting fellas.

CD Projekt Red has started paying for Cyberpunk refunds out of its own pocket

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/cd-projekt-red-has-started-paying-for-cyberpunk-refunds-out-of-its-own-pocket-613969.phtml

More fighting fellas. X box this, play stat that. Har darr. 

Last edited by green_sky - on 18 December 2020

JRPGfan said:
ishiki said:

Yes, apologies on Days Gone, I don't play console games much. Particularly after the PS3. . 

Last edited by ishiki - on 18 December 2020

Now 79 average on Opencritic, 87 average for PC on Metacritic - but 55 average for both PlayStation and Xbox.

Bought the double jump mod this morning, what a game changer. Also died for only like the third time. Came up on some people that didn’t look like cops but as soon as I got near they drew their guns so I started blasting. Instant warrant and three or four police badge levels. There were four of them, two flanked me and ate my ass up. These guys were driving a truck that said something like NetWatchers? Wonder if that’s some police type entity or something like the FBI.

Also did a sabotage mission fully stealth. There are bots also patrolling in some areas? Can’t grab and take down those. Stealth is still very good imho.