By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 Review Thread | 83 OC, 87 Meta

Predict which range Cyberpunk's meta score will fall in?

98-100 4 4.94%

95-97 5 6.17%

92-94 28 34.57%

89-91 21 25.93%

86-88 9 11.11%

83-85 5 6.17%

80-82 3 3.70%

Less than 80 6 7.41%

Undecided 0 0%

Total:81
BraLoD said:
Evilms said:

Rockstar Games >>>>> CDPR

never forget this

This was never up for debate.

Rockstar is into Santa Monica and Naughty Dog league, CD Project Red got big with TW3 and already showed us a pretty shitty side right after it.

No doubt they have very talented devs, but that kind of comparision was too much good faith, that already backfired greatly.

Rockstar is in a league of their own.  While Santa Monica and ND are great devs, they're not playing the same sport as Rockstar.  They're doing much different games with much, much lower sales, for one or two systems at a time.  Rockstar is making AAAA blockbusters that release on anything powerful enough to run them.  

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Evilms said:

Rockstar Games >>>>> CDPR

never forget this

Rockstar is into Santa Monica and Naughty Dog league, CD Project Red got big with TW3 and already showed us a pretty shitty side right after it.

No doubt they have very talented devs, but that kind of comparision was too much good faith, that already backfired greatly.

Rockstar is in a league of their own.  While Santa Monica and ND are great devs, they're not playing the same sport as Rockstar.  They're doing much different games with much, much lower sales, for one or two systems at a time.  Rockstar is making AAAA blockbusters that release on anything powerful enough to run them.  

VAMatt said:
BraLoD said:

From a sales point of view, sure. Rockstar is in a league of its own.

Production value and game polish wise, Santa Monica Studio and Naughty Dog are easily up there with Rockstar, even if the style of games they make isn’t the same.

I will refrain from commenting on that incredibly stupid AAAA mention of yours.

BraLoD said:
VAMatt said:

So Rockstar is on a league of their own because they are third party?

Quality wise neither Santa Monica or Naughty Dog fall behind Rockstar at all.

Get the better looking and most impressive games from their time in the last decade and those studios are the ones poping out when they release them.

Even as they lose on aggregate scores (quality recognition) both ND and SM have also beaten Rockstar finest works as far as GOTYs awards (quality recognition) in a row now too.

Yes, ND and SM make great games.  But, they just aren't of the same scale as those made by Rockstar. 

GOTY awards are well deserved by all of them.  But, making a massive game like GTA or RDR is a totally different, much larger task than making TLOU.  To bring it back to sports, TLOU is like a great tennis match.  It is thoroughly enjoyed by tennis fans, and will be talked about for decades in those circles.  GTA is like an epic World Cup tournament where many of the matches go down as classics and a quarter of the population of planet earth is watching.  They're great sporting events in both cases.  But, one is simply a much bigger deal than the other.    

Double post

Around the Network
Triple post

shikamaru317 said:
DonFerrari said:

A fair review is a review on how the game was on launch.

Sure a game can be revisited to discuss how it is months after release, but metacritic won't be changed by it. Driveclub and Halo Master Chief Collection are two clear examples of this, No Man Sky and others as well.

Fair would be CDPR not releasing a broken game charging full price and asking for second chance.

What I mean by fair is not overly weighting the performance issues and bugs. Anybody giving this game anything lower than a 6/10 currently is truly insane imo, especially those are rating it lower than that on PC. Obviously the bugs and performance issues should factor into the reviews to a degree, especially on console since they are most noticeable there, but the bugs and performance issues are in no way, shape, or form significant enough to knock say 3/10 points off your score, especially if you are playing on PC or Xbox Series/PS5 via BC. 

I would say on the current state of this game, crashing a lot, bugs all over the place, framerate consistently below 25 and staying a lot even lower than 20, sections where the game stops for 1min, vaseline looks, etc any other game you would have zero problem giving it below 6.

Well you yourself if I'm not wrong have said for you the best PS4 exclusive is GoW and you rated it a 7/10, and for TLOU2 I don't remember you scoring it above 7/10, nor SM. And these games are smoothier, prettier and without bugs and crashes gallore of this game.

So if CDPR wanted the game not to be reviewed based on all these shortcomings they shouldn't have released the game with all of them. You liking the game doesn't make the scores needing to be bigger even with so much flaws. I'm much more concerned with so many critics giving 10/10 even recognizing the game is full of flaws but that they expect those to be corrected at some point, that isn't a fair review at all, that is pandering at best.

The game released on PS4 and X1 shall be evaluated on those systems not on Series X or PS5. Whenever they release those consoles version sure review on those and probably by that time they will have solved most bugs, crashes, performance issues, etc one would hope then the score could be higher.

What you want isn't a fair review, you want everyone giving it a free pass. Just as much as a 6/10 score for the PC version is truly out of the average (and from what I saw and read it is a 85-95 game depending on what you look, and sure you could even defend a 75-80 if the reviewer gave true reasons for it, I doubt it can be defended though), over 6/10 on consoles is the out of average. Because truly the game is broke.

Please defend this shouldn't take major points from the console version:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kcve8s/promised_but_missing_feature_list_will_update/

https://www.wired.com/story/cyberpunk-2077-bugs-reviews-nda/

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-refunds-ps4-cd-projekt-red

This is just atrocious.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 17 December 2020

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I feel like a lot of devs could do what Rockstar does if given the budget and workforce. 

LudicrousSpeed said:

I feel like a lot of devs could do what Rockstar does if given the budget and workforce. 

Considering the profits Rockstar make with each entries other publishers/dev would give the budget and workforce if they believed in it.

Look at budget from several AAA studios of similar size and nope they don't deliver the same level of quality.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Idk of any studios that get the budget, workforce, and time to cook that Rockstar gets besides maybe Naughty Dog and I’d say the same of them. Budget and time are limiting most developers.