By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Gen D-pads and fighting games

Which D-pad do you like?

PS5 14 56.00%

XsX 11 44.00%

I use analog sticks.... 0 0%

Total:25

For those into the fighting genre, I'm curious which D-pad between PS5 and the XsX do you find better to input commands, and the overall feel for other button commands.

Around the Network

I haven't used any of them but if I were to guess I'd say Playstation 5.

I play a lot of fighting games with controllers and I find Sony's controller with the separated D-pad arrows have always made my movements more accurate.

Arcade stick.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I have never liked the D-pad layout on any of the Xbox controllers, but I do like it on the Playstation controllers, it just feels right... So for platformers, fighting games etc'. I prefer a Playstation controller.
But by that same token, I have always preferred the Analogue stick layout of the Xbox controllers which I prefer for first person shooters.

Obviously I feel most at home with a keyboard and mouse though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

You get used to the "separated D-pad arrows" (as V-rock called them) on the playstation side pretty quick.
Havnt played with a PS5 controller but.... its not drastically differnt from the PS4 one with the Dpad is it?

PS controllers Dpad always been good imo.

Around the Network

I guess PS5 d-pad would suit fighting games better than Xbox one. But I still haven't tested DualSense yet, so hard to say for sure

Hmm tough answer. I like both depending on type of fighting games.

I use DualSense for Tekken 7(PC) and SoulCalibur VI(PC) while XSX's d-pad i use it for 2D fighting games like Street Fighter collection, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Samurai Shodown, Injustice 2 and Mortal Kombat 11.

Personally don’t like the separated D-Pad for fighters. Xbox’s D-Pad was pretty trash until Series X/S, now I can’t wait for a new fighting game to come out.

The DualSense has my favorite d-pad yet. Xbox has come a long way from the godawful one on the original 360, but the Series d-pad is still just okay to me.

Bought an entry level fight stick recently to try my hand at serious fighting games for a change. Took some getting used to, but it's winning me over.

I've also always liked sony's, but their new does not feel right at all to me, but mind you its a great d-pad, but its too smooth for my taste. What i actually like about the Xsx is how it clicks and has the diagonals with the subtle clicks too.