By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Verge - Xbox and PS5 gap - MS response

Source: https://www.theverge.com/21718936/xbox-series-x-ps5-performance-game-comparison

Quote: “We are aware of performance issues in a handful of optimized titles on Xbox Series X|S and are actively working with our partners to identify and resolve the issues to ensure an optimal experience,” says a Microsoft spokesperson in a statement to The Verge. “As we begin a new console generation, our partners are just now scratching the surface of what next-gen consoles can do and minor bug fixes are expected as they learn how to take full advantage of our new platform. We are eager to continue working with developers to further explore the capability of Xbox Series X|S in the future.”

So MS doesn't confirm or deny any cause for the issues, it just acknowledge there is one and that it will improve with time and devs leaning more about how to develop for the system.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Seeing this damage control article from Tom Warren is perfect after all his shit talking on Twitter this year.

more spin then? at least he dint claimed it where just bugs.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Blood_Tears said:

Seeing this damage control article from Tom Warren is perfect after all his shit talking on Twitter this year.

he was right. he never said wich console would have the gap advantage. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Blood_Tears said:

It is fun to see on neogaf how many are complaining about Sony fans gloating of the small victories on the face-offs, since those were the people that were touting the performance king for Xbox and for a whole year mocked the Sony fans there.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

It is fun to see on neogaf how many are complaining about Sony fans gloating of the small victories on the face-offs, since those were the people that were touting the performance king for Xbox and for a whole year mocked the Sony fans there.

Who are the same people who mock the base X1 model to the PS4 and gloated about the PS4's power advantages. Come on Don, it swings both ways here. Power only matters when the ball is in their court, doesn't matter what side of the fence you are sitting on. 

And its extremely odd that this seems to be affecting more Sony people on this website, i rarely hear complaints on the Xbox side about having less fidelity in the launch games. Why does it matter so much? People act like what ever console is more powerful than the other is the most powerful in general, its liek they forget PC gaming exists all of a sudden.

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Who are the same people who mock the base X1 model to the PS4 and gloated about the PS4's power advantages. Come on Don, it swings both ways here. Power only matters when the ball is in their court, doesn't matter what side of the fence you are sitting on. 

And its extremely odd that this seems to be affecting more Sony people on this website, i rarely hear complaints on the Xbox side about having less fidelity in the launch games. Why does it matter so much? People act like what ever console is more powerful than the other is the most powerful in general, its liek they forget PC gaming exists all of a sudden.

The power narrative was an excuse the xbox fans had as a way to dismiss the need of exclusive games. You trying to acuse now that it swings to whoever has the power is a blatant lie that wont deceive anybody. The xboxs battle cry was always "best place to play multiplats" or "its multiplats that sell consoles". This is why you are seeing them hoping that dev tools will change and the xbox will pull ahead in the future because they dont want the conversation to go back to exclusive games. 

eva01beserk said:

The power narrative was an excuse the xbox fans had as a way to dismiss the need of exclusive games. You trying to acuse now that it swings to whoever has the power is a blatant lie that wont deceive anybody. The xboxs battle cry was always "best place to play multiplats" or "its multiplats that sell consoles". This is why you are seeing them hoping that dev tools will change and the xbox will pull ahead in the future because they dont want the conversation to go back to exclusive games. 

You clearly sit on one side of the fence with that post. Power was a narrative at the start of last generation and changed mid way through. It was all the talk, however it seems you are in denial of it. I heard the same power narrative with the PS3 vs 360 with its incredibly powerful Cell Processor. Lets not talk crap here. They all do it, this is not a one sided affair.

Blood_Tears said:

Oh, this guy who is clueless and feeds the toxicity on the web. Didn't phil say he hates it, yet this guy is sponsored. I bet Tom knows that systems do not reach the TF performance, it's called theoretical for a reason. He is just a sucker for buzzwords and numbers and gets people riled up about stuff they know nothing about.

Azzanation said:
eva01beserk said:

You clearly sit on one side of the fence with that post. Power was a narrative at the start of last generation and changed mid way through. It was all the talk, however it seems you are in denial of it. I heard the same power narrative with the PS3 vs 360 with its incredibly powerful Cell Processor. Lets not talk crap here. They all do it, this is not a one sided affair.

Power was one of many narratives at the start of last gen. Alone with drm and price and Kinect. And I understand as during launch there where barely any new games. So yea it changed mid way when Sony started pushing out great games and MS basicly stop. And it also happened during 7th I guess, I was not here for that. But I'm gona go on a limb and say it also stoped when it was clear that Sony was not gona pull ahead but their games Sure did. 

For some odd reason GAMES tend to be the focus of GAMING CONSOLES and every other topic falls to the side eventually. 

Edit: reminds me of the x1s 4k br player. It was gona change the market because that was a feture that put ps2 and ps3 ahead. Obiously not the games.