By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Verge - Xbox and PS5 gap - MS response

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Again its xbox fans making a big deal about this. Ps fans are basicly mocking xbox fans about it. But at no point have I seen ps fans saying xbox is doom because they lost power. Even now that games seem better on ps5 ps fans are still saying that it's identical and games going foward will be the same. Ots you giys that keep on wishing as you arw dping now that the power gap sudenly shows up. 

Who said doom? The current narrative allows PS fans to gloat they have superior multiplats. Don’t be an apologist for the zealots on your side. 

Nope. Most ps fans are laughing at the dozens of threads ms fans have made over the months. If you go to any one and ask why buy a ps5 very few would say power. You ask an Xbox fan and they would all probably say power. Even now that you dont have it you are still gloating that you will have it. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Again its xbox fans making a big deal about this. Ps fans are basicly mocking xbox fans about it. But at no point have I seen ps fans saying xbox is doom because they lost power. Even now that games seem better on ps5 ps fans are still saying that it's identical and games going foward will be the same. Ots you giys that keep on wishing as you arw dping now that the power gap sudenly shows up. 

Who said doom? The current narrative allows PS fans to gloat they have superior multiplats. Don’t be an apologist for the zealots on your side. 

Sure it allow, but PS fans that I have seem gloating was in retaliation from the bullying they received for the year. They had already accepted long ago that they would have worse performing MP, and that it is possible that soon it can effectively happen. That doesn't prevent they to mock back people that have been mocking then for the power narrative when it didn't appear. And in fact if most multiplats don't show a consistent 20% advantage on Xbox they will still mock.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Nope. Most ps fans are laughing at the dozens of threads ms fans have made over the months. If you go to any one and ask why buy a ps5 very few would say power. You ask an Xbox fan and they would all probably say power. Even now that you dont have it you are still gloating that you will have it. 

Can only talk for myself, but the reason I will buy PS5 is because that is the only place I can play Sony exclusives. If I either liked MS exclusives more or was mostly playing Multiplats I would either pick Xbox or PC. And also have said here that if most Sony exclusives end up in PC couple years after release I would either not buy PS5 or sell it and go PC.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Well the specs don’t lie, even if devs have to make a patch for launch titles. Either way they just setting themselves for when the pendulum swings back. Like how are we supposed to know the SDK wouldn’t be fully utilized at launch?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
Azzanation said:

You clearly sit on one side of the fence with that post. Power was a narrative at the start of last generation and changed mid way through. It was all the talk, however it seems you are in denial of it. I heard the same power narrative with the PS3 vs 360 with its incredibly powerful Cell Processor. Lets not talk crap here. They all do it, this is not a one sided affair.

You don’t even have to go back to last gen when it comes to NeoGAF and the power gap. Before the Cerny event all GAF could talk about was how the PS5 would be a 15TF beast with 32GB of RAM. That’s what spawned the “Xbox Power King Meme” thread there, a direct result of SonyGAF’s nonsense. From there the narrative shifted to SSD and I/O but it came back to the power narrative with FUD about how PS5 is actually more like RDNA2.5 while X|S is more 1.5. It’s pointless to debate about which side “started it” there, both sides have console warriors that take the FUD and bullshit to new levels. You’re right about that no doubt.

That rubbish occurred on this forum as well with people making threads expecting 128GB of Ram due to previous console memory capacity increases.
Obviously I argued against it to temper peoples expectations.

In-fact even before the specs were announced I asserted that we would not get an SSD and more than 16GB of Ram in a $400 USD box.

Obviously the price increased and so did the Bill of Materials budget, so Sony and Microsoft got an SSD. (Or in the Series S's case, dropped the Ram and BD Rom to accommodate the SSD.)

We don't know what variant of RDNA the Xbox and Playstation is using until we get some breakdowns.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

This gonna be a fun Gen.... I'm waiting for cyberpunk... Until then I'm just playing Xbox game pass ultimate "free games"... But there is absolutely nothing to brag about on both side from what I have seen... Right now it's like two eunuchs arguing who's got the biggest one... Give me a break
And both console seem to be really enjoyable... So let's wait for real games before the cock fight...