By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Biggest Console Launch In History!

I wonder if Sony is going to give us any sales numbers outside of financial reports.

Around the Network
Zombie9ers said:
Leynos said:

Yes if the aim was the make the largest and ugliest most cumbersome console to store then yes congrats!

Seriously what is the point of this topic? Your title and OP don't correlate very much.

Man the saltiness!  You really need to get that sand out of your vagina - it's really not good for you!

Nice going on the 12-year-old maturity level. Not salty. Plan to get one eventually but your topic title and opening post don't correspond. So was this topic just made to become an echo chamber?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Bandorr said:
Leynos said:

Nice going on the 12-year-old maturity level. Not salty. Plan to get one eventually but your topic title and opening post don't correspond. So was this topic just made to become an echo chamber?

You've said that twice now. How do they not correspond?

Also the thread is about the PS5 being the best selling in history. There is no "two sides" to this. There is no debate to this.

So yes you absolutely seem upset.

You're reading into something that is not there. If I were upset I'd be cursing in a string of curses. Literally just sitting back watching Robotech while heavily medicated half awake.

Bandorr said:
Leynos said:

You're reading into something that is not there. If I were upset I'd be cursing in a string of curses. Literally just sitting back watching Robotech while heavily medicated half awake.

Would the "heavily medicated half awake" be the reason you didn't answer my question?

Let me ask it again. You've complained" but your topic title and opening post don't correspond" twice. How do they not relate?

because percocet made me read it very differently. Sorry lol but still the vagine thing is uncalled for. We can do better than that.

Leynos said:

Yes if the aim was the make the largest and ugliest most cumbersome console to store then yes congrats!

Seriously what is the point of this topic? Your title and OP don't correlate very much.

Errrr... what's your problem?

And how doesn't it correlate?

Around the Network

From a purely physical point of view; no doubt, that thing is massive!

Congratulations.

Shadow1980 said:

Not to take anything away from it (it's a great system and I've been enjoying it so far), but it is worth pointing out that the PS5 had a near-simultaneous global launch. It was released in North America, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea on the 12th, and Europe a week later on the 19th. Meanwhile, there was a greater offset with the the PS4: it was released in NA on Nov. 15, 2013, but not in Europe for a full two weeks later and not in Japan until Feb. 22, 2014. When talking about global launch-aligned sales, especially in a time window as short as two weeks, it does matter when a system is released in specific markets.

We'll have to see how things look aligned in specific markets to get a more accurate measure of its debut, so once we get November NPD results and anything out of Europe, we'll see how the PS5's launch sales actually stack up against the PS4's. It didn't have nearly as good of a first week as the PS4 in Japan, and even if it doesn't have quite the debut the PS4 did in the U.S. or Europe, it should still do quite well. Also, there are supply issues to consider, which arguably matters more than demand at launch.

I don't think this actually matters.

To me, it all comes down to how much stock is available for the time being tracked. Especially being that in that same tracking window the machine will be out of stock so they are selling as fast as they can be supplied. And the tracking period if comparing launches should e between Nov and say the end of February. so basically 4 months.

I think what we should be really looking at is how much stock (or ales) the PS5 has between launch and the end of February. Then you compare that amount to the same amount that the PS4 sold in that period. Because market priorities shift, stocking patterns shift...etc. Eg. Sony shipped X amount of PS4s to NA or launch, but in the two weeks that followed there was not a single shipment after. They could shi half that amount for NA lanch and have stock coming in readily every week that follows and at the end of the month they still end up with a higher number.

Awesome. Hoping I can snag one in Dec.