By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors review thread. 80 Opencritic 79 Metacritic

Oh man I'm excited. Mine won't arrive until sometime next week, but I've got the Witcher DLC to keep me occupied til then. I'm ready to sink hundreds of hours into this.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

I'm surprised it got a 9 from IGN. I loved the first HW and was always going to get this. Its currently downloading :)

Sounds about expected for a Musou game.
I'm guessing Persona 5 Strikers will receive similar reviews, even if the story elements there are possibly more fleshed out.

If you want to clear out waves of enemies with some of your favorite Zelda characters, it should be good times. 

Yeah the story is disappointing

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Solid score for what it is, congrats

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:

I suppose we should create a dedicated  thread for the story, but I'm not sure it'd receive enough attention. All I can say is that I'm glad how it turned out to be, it's for the best of BotW's lore. 

Gonna sit this one out for a while. FE Warriors kind of burned me out. I tend to enjoy these games for about 10 hours and then lose interest.

Metallox said:
Eagle367 said:

I suppose we should create a dedicated  thread for the story, but I'm not sure it'd receive enough attention. All I can say is that I'm glad how it turned out to be, it's for the best of BotW's lore. 

Hmm.... But the twist is messing with the lore. It makes it something completely different. I don't like how they diverged from being a prequel. 

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
Metallox said:

Hmm.... But the twist is messing with the lore. It makes it something completely different. I don't like how they diverged from being a prequel. 

SPOILER---------------

This is touching spoiler territory but I'll go ahead. I'm okay with how it went because the game doesn't have anything to do with BotW, it's just a what if scenario, like a cheesy fanfiction. Since it's not the real prequel, all that corny, cringy dialogue in this AoC thing doesn't count in the slightest for the main game. 

Enjoying the hell out of this. Despite at its core is a Warriors game, it feels like an extension or a proper spinoff of BOTW rather than a DW game in a Zelda skin like the first game. If I have one complaint I wish it had more variety in costumes. My 8bit Link amiibo only unlocked a stick. That's lame.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!