By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors review thread. 80 Opencritic 79 Metacritic

Yeah the story is disappointing

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

Solid score for what it is, congrats

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Eagle367 said:

I suppose we should create a dedicated  thread for the story, but I'm not sure it'd receive enough attention. All I can say is that I'm glad how it turned out to be, it's for the best of BotW's lore. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Gonna sit this one out for a while. FE Warriors kind of burned me out. I tend to enjoy these games for about 10 hours and then lose interest.

Metallox said:
Eagle367 said:

I suppose we should create a dedicated  thread for the story, but I'm not sure it'd receive enough attention. All I can say is that I'm glad how it turned out to be, it's for the best of BotW's lore. 

Hmm.... But the twist is messing with the lore. It makes it something completely different. I don't like how they diverged from being a prequel. 

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
Metallox said:

Hmm.... But the twist is messing with the lore. It makes it something completely different. I don't like how they diverged from being a prequel. 

SPOILER---------------

This is touching spoiler territory but I'll go ahead. I'm okay with how it went because the game doesn't have anything to do with BotW, it's just a what if scenario, like a cheesy fanfiction. Since it's not the real prequel, all that corny, cringy dialogue in this AoC thing doesn't count in the slightest for the main game. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Enjoying the hell out of this. Despite at its core is a Warriors game, it feels like an extension or a proper spinoff of BOTW rather than a DW game in a Zelda skin like the first game. If I have one complaint I wish it had more variety in costumes. My 8bit Link amiibo only unlocked a stick. That's lame.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I've unlocked all the guardians and so far I think I like Mipha, Impa and Urbosa the most.

Signature goes here!

Well, I don't much care about Metacritic, but I'm certainly enjoying it quite a lot.

I really like how they incorporated the runes and elements into the Warriors gameplay template, the greater variety in objectives in missions, and the way you complete tasks on the map using gathered resources to upgrade your characters. It's all very satisfying.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 November 2020

Been playing it quite a bit. While it is fun. I think it is much worse than most Warriors games. The closest comparison actually is Dragon Quest Heroes, which I enjoyed quite a bit more. If people enjoy this one, consider also buying Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2 on Switch.