By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor- Sony looking to buy Bluepoint Games

sales2099 said:
Well they are a solid remaster studio. They can spend generations remastering old gems

Honestly the quality they keep, there is no shame it in either.
They are probably the best studio in the world at doing remasters.

I think Sony should buy them, reguardless of if they want to try makeing original content or not.
Sony cant afford to lose them, their remaster ability should be enough to want to have them on your team (imo).



Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Chrkeller said:
It would burst my dream of Nintendo buying Bluepoint, and letting Bluepoint remaster NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii libraries.... so many great titles that Bluepoint could modernize.

That's one heck of a dream, considering Bluepoint hasn't worked on a single Nintendo game yet. Almost all of the games they've done over the years were for Sony, with the exceptions being some work on the MGS Collection for Xbox 360 and the Titanfall 360 port. 

Which always seemed like a missed opportunity, for whatever reason.  I dream of Bluepoint handling Ocarina, Skyward, Twilight, Prime Trilogy, Pikmin and so many others.  But yeah, there is a reason why it was always a dream.    



Chrkeller said:
shikamaru317 said:
Chrkeller said:
It would burst my dream of Nintendo buying Bluepoint, and letting Bluepoint remaster NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii libraries.... so many great titles that Bluepoint could modernize.

That's one heck of a dream, considering Bluepoint hasn't worked on a single Nintendo game yet. Almost all of the games they've done over the years were for Sony, with the exceptions being some work on the MGS Collection for Xbox 360 and the Titanfall 360 port. 

Which always seemed like a missed opportunity, for whatever reason.  I dream of Bluepoint handling Ocarina, Skyward, Twilight, Prime Trilogy, Pikmin and so many others.  But yeah, there is a reason why it was always a dream.    

you know... your dream isn't absurd... i mean Marco Thrush and Andy O'Neil, key figures of the studio, both worked on Metroid games in the past so... yeah, they most likely have contacts within Nintendo.

edit: my mistake... Sadly Andy O'Neil died last year, my condolences.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 12 November 2020

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

In this very thread, another ResetEra "insider" Okabe, teased the possibility of Sony buying Capcom. Apparently he has ties to Capcom, but I'm not sure what kind of leaks he has gotten right before, aside from the recent Price of Persia remake/remaster.

Edit: Well, MaximillionDood, who has some industry sources knows Okabe lol. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 12 November 2020

I'm already shifty with Reset Era's rumors, now this one isn't veted by the mods ?! Smells like a swift realistic lie to me. Yet, Bluepoint being acquired by Sony would be like a non-surprise (and kind of unecessary) since they've been working exclusively with them for a few years now.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

In this very thread, another ResetEra "insider" Okabe, teased the possibility of Sony buying Capcom.

Apparently he has ties to Capcom, but I'm not sure what kind of leaks he has gotten right before, aside from the recent Price of Persia remake/remaster.

I think this is very unlikely.... i mean, huge if true, but... IMHO, buying a entire publisher is just too expensive, buy studios is a better deal. Unless Playstation can make a amazing deal like buy the entire capcom for something like $3Billions.



Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

Chrkeller said:
It would burst my dream of Nintendo buying Bluepoint, and letting Bluepoint remaster NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii libraries.... so many great titles that Bluepoint could modernize.

There's no real need here when Greezo is litteraly doing a similar job with Nintendo when it comes to remake/remasters 



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I love how there's a rule set about developer purchasings. I don't see how that would benefit Sony that much. They are already very close to Sony and they have no IP to bring to the table, it's just a new expense. Unless it's actually cheaper in the long run to keep them as first party.



Manlytears said:
PotentHerbs said:

In this very thread, another ResetEra "insider" Okabe, teased the possibility of Sony buying Capcom.

Apparently he has ties to Capcom, but I'm not sure what kind of leaks he has gotten right before, aside from the recent Price of Persia remake/remaster.

I think this is very unlikely.... i mean, huge if true, but... IMHO, buying a entire publisher is just too expensive, buy studios is a better deal. Unless Playstation can make a amazing deal like buy the entire capcom for something like $3Billions.

I mean, Sony was looking at buying a publisher just a few months ago & after the Zenimax acquisition I don't think anything is off the table. 



PotentHerbs said:

In this very thread, another ResetEra "insider" Okabe, teased the possibility of Sony buying Capcom. Apparently he has ties to Capcom, but I'm not sure what kind of leaks he has gotten right before, aside from the recent Price of Persia remake/remaster.

Edit: Well, MaximillionDood, who has some industry sources knows Okabe lol. 

I wouldn't say that is impossible, but it would be quite pricey for Sony. Capcom is public, so they'd have to buy out other stock holders, and stock prices would rise due to the acquisition attempt. Capcom is currently worth $3.35b, price for an acquisition would be over $4b for sure.