By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Nov 1 to 7 - Week Before Xbox Series X and S, and PS5 Launch

mk7sx said:

As there is no NPD October 2020 thread, posting here, as results are tomorrow at 9:00 AM ET.

VGC Tracking (vs. NPD 2019)

PS4 135,428 (-6.0%)

XBO 77,334 (-28.4%)

NSW 554,652 (+79.5%)

NPD 2019

PS4 144,000

XBO 108,000

NSW 309,000

And Boom!  Switch was severely under-tracked in the US for 4 weeks of October 2020 (and likely this first November week that just posted). 

NPD tracked 735,926 units sold exactly.

Nintendo/NPD - US OCT 2020 - NSW Sells 736K

mk7sx said:

Top Years

NSW 2020 has already passed NSW 2019 with 7-8 weeks to go.

Adjusted below.  NSW takes the lead!

Last edited by mk7sx - on 12 November 2020

Around the Network

Switch now 20 million ahead of Xbox One.

I swear it seems like just the other day that it overtook it.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I adjusted Switch numbers up in October in the US, Canada, and Latin America to be more in line with the NPD numbers.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
I adjusted Switch numbers up in October in the US, Canada, and Latin America to be more in line with the NPD numbers.

Thanks for your swift and diligent work to keep our numbers as accurate as possible.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

Thanks for your swift and diligent work to keep our numbers as accurate as possible.

I'm not doing much tonight, so I figured I might as well do it now and save me some time tomorrow. Plus it was going to bug me knowing it was wrong. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

I'm not doing much tonight, so I figured I might as well do it now and save me some time tomorrow. Plus it was going to bug me knowing it was wrong. 

If it's not too much, could you update the sales breakdown on the front page of the website? It's still showing the week ending October 31st numbers.

PDiddy said:
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

If it's not too much, could you update the sales breakdown on the front page of the website? It's still showing the week ending October 31st numbers.

That is supposed to update automatically. I am guessing something broke when we updated the site. I've let TalonMan know. Though, it might be a little bit as his focus right now is getting the front page to load faster. 

500k used to be considered a good month. Now it's a good week.

Though massively overshadowed by Switch's gargantuan momentum, PS4 and Xbone are at least bowing out on a relatively good number considering their age and track record.

Any ideas where the XSX/XSS sales are so far outside of the 155k for UK?