By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man Miles Morales Review Thread - Metacritic 85

Tagged games:

Very good critics for a launch titles spin-off that used most assets and engine of last gen.

60 reviews and average on 85.

Nov 10, 2020
Think of it as a more focused sequel instead, as that’s what it actually feels like. It’s free of story bloat, and the gameplay has most definitely been expanded upon and improved. Plus, since when has an expansion looked so much nicer than the game it’s building upon? This is a timely release that demonstrates the power of the PS5 with style, and if you aren’t picking it up alongside your console, you’re simply doing things wrong.
Nov 6, 2020
What a way to launch a new console: Spider-Man: Miles Morales is everything Uncharted: The Lost Legacy wanted to be but couldn't, giving us a whole new Spider-Man adventure packed in a smaller, tighter game. Better graphics, awesome soundtrack and improved combat make this game a joy to play and a must have game for PS5 owners.
Nov 6, 2020
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales shines on the PlayStation 5 with great graphics, solid gameplay, and excellent use of the new DualSense controller for a seriously fun game to play on the brand new console.
Nov 6, 2020
The developers from Insomniac Games have successfully entering the next-gen era and are rewarding us with a second high quality instalment for their Spider-Man license. Miles Morales has completely seduced us in spite of its rather non-innovative side content, simply because the magic of the superhero blockbuster still works very well, and keep on carrying us away without ever getting boring. On the performance side, the PS5 already shows us a taste of what it will be able to do through a game very well polished. Don't miss out on Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales.
Nov 6, 2020
Spider-Man: Miles Morales isn't a big surprise as it's a direct sequel to the game released in 2018. The new hero offers a rejuvenated gameplay thanks to its powers, but the game doesn't really feel next gen', partly due to the choice we have to make between 4K Ray-Tracing or 60 FPS.
Nov 6, 2020
Classic in its construction and its scenario, breathtaking in its staging, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales detonates if it's not surprising.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Nice. Havent decided yet if I am going to play the game at 4k 30fps with RT or the 60 fps mode.

Angelv577 said:
Nice. Havent decided yet if I am going to play the game at 4k 30fps with RT or the 60 fps mode.

Seems like Insomniac may consider releasing a patch to allow 1080p60fps with RT.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Angelv577 said:

Seems like Insomniac may consider releasing a patch to allow 1080p60fps with RT.

Yass, this really needs to be a standard. Meanwhile both platform holders really need to be working on software equivalents to DLSS/Checkerboarding for 1080p to 4k reconstruction because its clear 1080p is not going anywhere this gen (As I suspected)

Otter said:
DonFerrari said:
Angelv577 said:

Yass, this really needs to be a standard. Meanwhile both platform holders really need to be working on software equivalents to DLSS/Checkerboarding for 1080p to 4k reconstruction because its clear 1080p is not going anywhere this gen (As I suspected)

I don't need 60fps so I won't benefit that much, but yes they need to improve their reconstruction techniques to stand against DLSS.

Around the Network

Good scores but still hard to justify $500 new console. I am still waiting for that system seller.

DonFerrari said:
Otter said:
DonFerrari said:
Angelv577 said:

I don't need 60fps so I won't benefit that much, but yes they need to improve their reconstruction techniques to stand against DLSS.

If you're a fan of ray tracing I think it will become relevant there too. Right now these consoles are getting some 4k + Ray traced enabled games because they're cross gen titles but once we start getting truly next gen visuals I think the target resolution with ray traycing enabled may drop by a lot. 

First game has an 87 and is an absolute blast, sounds like this one is of similar quality so im really looking forward to it... Once I finally get my ps5.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 11 November 2020

Otter said:
DonFerrari said:
Otter said:
DonFerrari said:
Angelv577 said:

If you're a fan of ray tracing I think it will become relevant there too. Right now these consoles are getting some 4k + Ray traced enabled games because they're cross gen titles but once we start getting truly next gen visuals I think the target resolution with ray traycing enabled may drop by a lot. 

that is true. haven't played with RT yet. but from what I saw it will be very important, to the point I would trade resolution for RT.

So excited to get this on PS4 and upgrade to PS5 But the question is will this offer last or is it for the first year only

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS