By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Valhalla: PS5 vs Xbox Series X - Updated NX Gamer - Update Digital Foundry

Were you expecting a big advantage for the XSX?

Yes 20 32.79%

No 41 67.21%

Total:61

Apparently the PS5 version runs even worse than XSX did before the patch. Now XSX dips down as low as 1080p (rarely) but keeps a more stable frame rate and has less tearing. Seems they need to patch PS5 to drop to 1080p as well so the performance can iron out.

Like DF said all along, people shouldn’t have been putting so much weight into the performance of cross gen launch games lol

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Apparently the PS5 version runs even worse than XSX did before the patch. Now XSX dips down as low as 1080p (rarely) but keeps a more stable frame rate and has less tearing. Seems they need to patch PS5 to drop to 1080p as well so the performance can iron out.

Like DF said all along, people shouldn’t have been putting so much weight into the performance of cross gen launch games lol

I noticed the drops on the XSX in performance mode the minute I turned the game on.  But in visual mode it runs a locked 4K at a very smooth and stable 30 fps, with no tearing.  I would actually recommend visual mode on the XSX personally, as it feels like the most polished way to play the game right now.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

LudicrousSpeed said:

Why should they patch ps5 to another version worse than It was before this patch? Better unpatch whatever they made that broke it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

That’s how this stuff works. You never know what seemingly small changes will break once it’s implemented.

I think it’s this stupid console warz shit and the rush to find out which console pushes these launch games a frame or two more consistently, devs are pressured to push out patches.

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Why should they patch ps5 to another version worse than It was before this patch? Better unpatch whatever they made that broke it.

Wasent the guy from DF saying something about returning to a previous version? I thought you could do so. I never tried but he mentioned that and I thought they reversed it or something. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/243903/nxgamer-assasins-creed-patch-104-performance-mode-quality-mode-ps5xsxxss/1/

New thread, for the new Patch.

I played a few hours this morning, didn't notice any difference from pre patch. Have mine set to performance mode.

LudicrousSpeed said:

I played a few hours this morning, didn't notice any difference from pre patch. Have mine set to performance mode.

The newer patch should have made the xbox series x, version keep closer to 60fps than before, and removed some screen tearing.
If your already useing a VRR TV, and arn't senseative to dips in 60fps,..... its basically not something you would notice, so thats not surpriseing.

The fact that you need machines to analyse frame times, to catch how often things dip, or when theres screen tearing and such... it just shows how minor the differnces are. Even the fact that to notice a differnt in image quality, often you have to zoom in, and compair side by sides to notice, minisule differnces.

Kyuu said:

Aaaand.. the patch, as expected, didn't change shit in terms of extracting power from either console. All they did is reduce resolution of the XSX version in the sections it struggled to keep up with the PS5 version.

Bigots (and nEutraLs) from both sides look silly again for self-explanatory reasons.

Basically.... however it did fix screen tearing thingy (its alot less drastic now).

The torch light and shadows, drastically impacting performance, is still there, but they worked around it by lowering resolution during it (so it keeps 60fps). Overall your right, XSX got more performance mainly from lowering resolutions.

tbh the resolution differnces when your already in the 1200p-1400p range..... it doesnt matter much.
Unless you have side by side, and maginifying glass, you probably wouldnt notice the XSX running slightly lower res at times.

Also to be fair, even though there was xbox users, saying this patch would drastically improve optimisations and it would magically fix / close the performance gap.... there was also playstation people saying it now ran worse, ect. (ei. the dont bother installing the patch non-sense) (which turned out wrong).