By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Valhalla: PS5 vs Xbox Series X - Updated NX Gamer - Update Digital Foundry

Were you expecting a big advantage for the XSX?

Yes 20 32.79%

No 41 67.21%

Total:61

A lot of people are worried about "is the Xbox better or worse than PS5". I'm at the stage of "is next gen better than current gen"?

My summary of everything I've seen so far is "if you don't like the game you paid $70 for, look how fast you can quit and load a different one". That and "here's an updated texture pack for a three year old game you've already played".

Around the Network

hows that first guy having series x footage?seeing as his previous video titles "My Xbox Series X is BROKEN..."

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
hows that first guy having series x footage?seeing as his previous video titles "My Xbox Series X is BROKEN..."

Presumably he recorded before it broke (or Microsoft sent him a replacement)

I wonder if the MS multi-console approach actually might hold them back a bit after all. Or maybe the Series X is better on paper, but the PS5 custom solutions add up to make for a better end result overall. Or maybe that whole comparison was just bs.Anyways, it's early days and we know that the true potential of both machines will be unleashed in the years to come, and especially with exclusives.

kirby007 said:

He sent one to repair, and had another arrive to test things on.
Ei. he has 2 Xbox series X's, and one of them broke.

Luckily, microsoft will fix his broken one, or send him a new one as a replacement (likely within a week or two).
Meanwhile (hense luckily), he still has the other one to play on and test things on.

*edit: he explains this in his "my xbox series X is broken" video.
Luckily he order two of them (from differnt places), to increase his odds of getting one (and ended up getting both orders through).

Around the Network

Will wait for DF.But while we wait I'll point two things that were expected.First well it is Ubi so not the most polished and optimized (and Xbox families with more higher level coding take away some of the extra power extracted) and also I was mostly expecting this, with the advantage for Xbox being only on the resolution and depending on case higher fps, but sometimes a locked one will make both similar. And well we were more or less expecting parity.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JRPGfan said:
kirby007 said:

Luckily, microsoft will fix his broken one, or send him a new one as a replacement (likely within a week or two).
Meanwhile (hense luckily), he still has the other one to play on and test things on.

Luckily he order two of them (from differnt places), to increase his odds of getting one (and ended up getting both orders through).

How the hell are we already getting broken consoles?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
JRPGfan said:
kirby007 said:

Bad luck? it happends. Could also be the people that shipped it, didnt handle it that well, and maybe it was slightly damaged on arrival?

JRPGfan said:
DonFerrari said:
JRPGfan said:
kirby007 said:

Bad luck? it happends. Could also be the people that shipped it, didnt handle it that well, and maybe it was slightly damaged on arrival?

Sure can be, but this is the bad luck among bad luck.

The PS5 comparison showed me nothing. Other than how convenient for the time of day shown to favour lighting on the PS5. The Xbox comparisons showed me how better off your sticking with an Xbox One X if you have one. Miniscule differences in graphics of either system.