By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 to PS5 transition will take 3 years, more cross-gen games coming from Sony

Hynad said:
yvanjean said:
Hynad said:
yvanjean said:
Sony already set the seed that PS5 believe in generation and all game will focus on PS5. Now they can backtrack and quietly support the PS4, without really changing the mind set of gamers.

When did they say that all games will focus on PS5?

They did not say much except they believe in generation and new console should not be held back by older console. They implied it and kept quiet about their real plans. Therefore, they can get the best of both world. Have you seen the stupid thread about PS5 being the only real next gen console that what Sony did with their deceptive marketing. Sony taking advantage of customers ignorance.

So... Let me get this straight... Long before the console’s launch tomorrow, so-called ignorant people will randomly have heard of the comment about Sony believing in generations, but won’t have heard about some of the early games being cross-gen? Because...?

Also, what is wrong with some of the early games being cross-gen?

You people are trying too hard to spread FUD and hate.

The effects of PR happen whether you accept it or not. Long before the console launch as you say, hardcore gamers like us who actually keep track of executive comments spread word of mouth to our friends. They tell people and so on. For literally months until Sony finally announces they are making some games cross gen. By then it’s too late. Word has all ready spread that Xbox is held back by last gen where as PS is catering to next gen only. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 12 November 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

So no need to buy I PS5 then

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

asqarkabab said:
So no need to buy I PS5 then

It will all depends of what titles do you want to play. Because well 2-3 years transition have always been the norm, most third parties will be launched over 2 years after next-gen on the previous one, and for sport games and other yearly it takes even longer to stop launching.

From PS exclusives themselves seems like at least half of the titles will be PS5 exclusives.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sales2099 said:
Hynad said:

So... Let me get this straight... Long before the console’s launch tomorrow, so-called ignorant people will randomly have heard of the comment about Sony believing in generations, but won’t have heard about some of the early games being cross-gen? Because...?

The effects of PR happen whether you accept it or not. Long before the console launch as you say, hardcore gamers like us who actually keep track of executive comments spread word of mouth to our friends. They tell people and so on. For literally months until Sony finally announces they are making some games cross gen. By then it’s too late. Word has all ready spread that Xbox is held back by last gen where as PS is catering to next gen only. 

What a load of BS. You keep driving this stupid console war narrative and taking everyone as fools.

Last edited by Hynad - on 12 November 2020

So PS5 gonna slay sales records in 2023, but not before that, I take it?

Around the Network

Sony has to do this. There are a shitload of PS4 units in the wild, and they just launched Pro a few years ago. They're not going to abandon people that bought into the ecosystem with a brand new console after 4 years. Also, given the uncertainty around supply chains due to Covid-19, it only makes sense. Neither Sony or MS know whether they'll be able to meet console demand over the next couple of years, so they need to make sure they're not forcing people into the other ecosystem.

Hynad said:
sales2099 said:
Hynad said:

They did not say much except they believe in generation and new console should not be held back by older console. They implied it and kept quiet about their real plans. Therefore, they can get the best of both world. Have you seen the stupid thread about PS5 being the only real next gen console that what Sony did with their deceptive marketing. Sony taking advantage of customers ignorance.

What a load of BS. You keep driving this stupid console war narrative and taking everyone as fools.

So when an executive says something notable it isn’t plastered all over gaming forums and Twitter? How people discuss and share their impressions. You think that won’t translate at all into the real world with friends? Please...don’t be so naive.

Again, MS said their stance in January. Sony said the exact same thing before their console launched. That to me is BS. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

There's going to be a lot of first party games out next year. There's obviously going to be at least some cross gen games in that library. Not sure why people are trying to spin this as a negative.

I mean sure, as an early adopter like tens of millions of PS5 owners in the near future, it would be nice if ALL upcoming games in 2021 and beyond are PS5 exclusives but tbh I'm not fussed as long as the quality is there. The PS4 userbase is too big to just flat out and ignore; and that's where the money is until more people have PS5's.

sales2099 said:

So when an executive says something notable it isn’t plastered all over gaming forums and Twitter? How people discuss and share their impressions. You think that won’t translate at all into the real world with friends? Please...don’t be so naive.

Again, MS said their stance in January. Sony said the exact same thing before their console launched. That to me is BS. 

Sony never once claimed nor implied there wouldn’t be cross gen games.

Doesn’t take much to understand that studios didn’t stop working just to wait for PS5 dev kits. Many already had games in development for the PS4 and started making a PS5 version after getting dev kits. No reason to twist this into some kind of stupid foul play on Sony’s part. You are the one creating this narrative that Sony somehow lied, by twisting their words and intentions, because you revel in spreading FUD and creating discord between each console’s fanbases.

Last edited by Hynad - on 12 November 2020

Hynad said:
sales2099 said:
Hynad said:
sales2099 said:
Hynad said:

Sony never once claimed nor implied there wouldn’t be cross gen games.

Two working brain cells would let you understand that studios didn’t stop working to wait for PS5 dev kits. Many already had games in development for the PS4 and started making a PS5 version after getting dev kits. No reason to twist this into some kind of stupid foul play on Sony’s part. You are the one creating this narrative that Sony somehow lied by twisting their word and intentions, because you revel in spreading FUD and creating discord between each console’s fanbases.

He is probably pissed because Sony said they believe in gens but will have more exclusives on PS5 and also more crossgen while MS said they don't want to push people to buy a new system and will have less crossgen and curiously some games that won't release on X1 even during the 2 years period they pledged.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."