By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - The Discussion Thread

Jpcc86 said:
Darashiva said:

Next set of hints so I can keep ahead of the schedule.

-In order to witness the full story, you must complete multiple playthroughs

-GAIA, an AI

-Gaia, a planet

-"Son of a submariner!"

-The main character is a female "Bracer", picks up directly after the first game

20 - Nier Automata

19 - Horizon Zero Dawn maybe?

18 - Long shot, but im going with Snes's Illusion of Gaia lol

17 - Epic Kefka line. Final Fantasy VI

Correct on everything except 18.

Around the Network
Darashiva said:
Jpcc86 said:

20 - Nier Automata

19 - Horizon Zero Dawn maybe?

18 - Long shot, but im going with Snes's Illusion of Gaia lol

17 - Epic Kefka line. Final Fantasy VI

18 could be FFVII

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Darashiva said:

18 could be FFVII

That's the one.

mZuzek said:

#22 - The second game from a studio that just can't seem to put out anything these days.

Retro comes to mind. Metroid Prime 2?

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Time for more hints:

22) This game had a lot of controversy at launch and has changed much since. I liked it almost since day 1 though.

21) Hardware based plot twist.

20) Few games have been as dominating in their genre as this.

19) This isn't the first or last appearance in this franchise of a certain happy character, but it is the only time he has a role in the main story.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

No guesses for this one, so here's another hint.

-The main character is a female "Bracer", picks up directly after the first game

-The English language script for this JRPG is longer than the entire Lord of the Rings-trilogy

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Time for more hints:

21) Hardware based plot twist.

Metal Gear Solid?

Second hints;

25: I was quite impressed by how the snow reacts to you moving through it.

Hint 2: The game starts out in it, before it flashes back for a couple levels until it catches up again. Guessed by Jpcc86 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

24: Metal first, makes the rest a lot easier. Guessed by TruckOSaurus - Mega Man 2

23: This game is technically a first-person shooter, and for the first few levels it's exactly that, but after that you get something that makes you want it be a third person one instead.

Hint 2: It's also not really a shooter anymore, but more of a hack-and-slash, unless you count the powers like throwing your saber and pushing your enemies. Guessed by TheLiquidLaser - Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

22: A cheat code gives you a lot of money, or Cousin Vinnie gives you a castle instead.

Hint 2: I'd take the castle, taxing people doesn't come with that much of a penalty and the castle looks nice next to your police station and whatnot. Guessed by Jpcc86 - SimCity 3000

21: From the moment it was released, there was a big debate about whether or not the main character, who's the same as the one from the last game for a change, is dead or not. Guessed by UnderwaterFunktown - The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 11 December 2020

S.Peelman said:

Second hints;

25: I was quite impressed by how the snow reacts to you moving through it.

Hint 2: The game starts out in it, before it flashes back for a couple levels until it catches up again.

24: Metal first, makes the rest a lot easier. Guessed by TruckOSaurus - Mega Man 2

23: This game is technically a first-person shooter, and for the first few levels it's exactly that, but after that you get something that makes you want it be a third person one instead.

Hint 2: It's also not really a shooter anymore, but more of a hack-and-slash, unless you count the powers like throwing you saber and pushing your enemies.

22: A cheat code gives you a lot of money, or Cousin Vinnie gives you a castle instead.

Hint 2: I'd take the castle, taxing people doesn't come with that much of a penalty and the castle looks nice next to your police station and whatnot.

21: From the moment it was released, there was a big debate about whether or not the main character, who's the same as the one from the last game for a change, is dead or not. Guessed by UnderwaterFunktown - The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask

25 - Uncharted 2 maybe?

22 - Simcity 3000

Jpcc86 said:

25 - Uncharted 2 maybe?

22 - Simcity 3000

Excellent, both correct!