By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 7 may be coming first half of 2021

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
I hope GT7 bring the series back to it's past popularity.

Them not calling it "sports" or such, is a good sign imo.



Around the Network

It would be great to have a Gran Turismo in the 1st year.

My big concern with the title, however, is not release date, but whether or not it will support PSVR. That is going to be make or break for me. There is no way I am going back to playing a sim on a Flat panel again.

Hopefully, they will not back track on the progress made with GT Sport. With PSVR support across the full contents of the game, I will be there day one, and I will pump as much money into content as I can. To be completely honest, the thought of Gran Turismo in VR is by far, the largest reason I am excited for PS5.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

^ if GT7 is a PS5 only title (which is like 95% certain imo) it will not support PSVR 1, but I'm sure it'll get PSVR 2 support once that releases



KBG29 said:
It would be great to have a Gran Turismo in the 1st year.

My big concern with the title, however, is not release date, but whether or not it will support PSVR. That is going to be make or break for me. There is no way I am going back to playing a sim on a Flat panel again.

Hopefully, they will not back track on the progress made with GT Sport. With PSVR support across the full contents of the game, I will be there day one, and I will pump as much money into content as I can. To be completely honest, the thought of Gran Turismo in VR is by far, the largest reason I am excited for PS5.

If it is PS5 exclusive it won't be playable at all on PSVR1, and PSVR2 haven't been revealed yet. If it is also a PS4 title you will only be able to use PSVR1 on the BC version not the PS5 version. But yes perhaps PSVR2 is announced shortly after PS5 releases or later patch is done.

Lafiel said:

^ if GT7 is a PS5 only title (which is like 95% certain imo) it will not support PSVR 1, but I'm sure it'll get PSVR 2 support once that releases

Even if it is a PS4 title also you will only be able to use PSVR1 on BC not the PS5 version (but sure if it is made to work on PSVR1, then it will be a quick patch for PSVR2).



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I don't believe it, Q4 2022 is my guess. Just shielding myself from disappointment :)
There is a chance it comes earlier seeing how PD has pretty much abandoned GT Sport after breaking the penalty system earlier this year.

All I want is the penalty system reverted to how it was last year and full PSVR support for GT Sport on PS5. PS5 should be able to run the entire game in PSVR. But I doubt that will happen.



Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

All I want is the penalty system reverted to how it was last year and full PSVR support for GT Sport on PS5. PS5 should be able to run the entire game in PSVR. But I doubt that will happen.

True, the PS5 should be able to run all modes of GTS with a higher than native res in 60 or more fps on PSVR1, but it seems that's not Sony's VR strategy. Judging by their PSVR 1 support (only through BC, not through PS5 native mode) I think they want a clean break for PSVR2 and not "confuse people", by having PS5 titles run on PSVR 1. Sucks quite a bit for us gen 1 owners, but maybe it's partly due to the outdated tech not playing nicely with what they have planed for gen 2  - who knows.



SvennoJ said:
I don't believe it, Q4 2022 is my guess. Just shielding myself from disappointment :)
There is a chance it comes earlier seeing how PD has pretty much abandoned GT Sport after breaking the penalty system earlier this year.

All I want is the penalty system reverted to how it was last year and full PSVR support for GT Sport on PS5. PS5 should be able to run the entire game in PSVR. But I doubt that will happen.

You are someone that really want to prevent yourself from disappointment =p



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
SvennoJ said:
I don't believe it, Q4 2022 is my guess. Just shielding myself from disappointment :)
There is a chance it comes earlier seeing how PD has pretty much abandoned GT Sport after breaking the penalty system earlier this year.

All I want is the penalty system reverted to how it was last year and full PSVR support for GT Sport on PS5. PS5 should be able to run the entire game in PSVR. But I doubt that will happen.

You are someone that really want to prevent yourself from disappointment =p

Considering their track record I might still be too optimistic :p



Lafiel said:

True, the PS5 should be able to run all modes of GTS with a higher than native res in 60 or more fps on PSVR1, but it seems that's not Sony's VR strategy. Judging by their PSVR 1 support (only through BC, not through PS5 native mode) I think they want a clean break for PSVR2 and not "confuse people", by having PS5 titles run on PSVR 1. Sucks quite a bit for us gen 1 owners, but maybe it's partly due to the outdated tech not playing nicely with what they have planed for gen 2  - who knows.

Move needs to go. The camera tracking worked decent enough for gen 1 PSVR but PSVR2 needs a fundamentally different tracking system. Likely even inside out, hence no dedicated camera port in the PS5.

PS5 PSVR games will need the new controllers to work yet I see no reason why it couldn't work with the old headset. It's just down sampling in the end, but perhaps the new games will need the better tracking of PSVR2 to operate.




SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

You are someone that really want to prevent yourself from disappointment =p

Considering their track record I might still be too optimistic :p



Lafiel said:

True, the PS5 should be able to run all modes of GTS with a higher than native res in 60 or more fps on PSVR1, but it seems that's not Sony's VR strategy. Judging by their PSVR 1 support (only through BC, not through PS5 native mode) I think they want a clean break for PSVR2 and not "confuse people", by having PS5 titles run on PSVR 1. Sucks quite a bit for us gen 1 owners, but maybe it's partly due to the outdated tech not playing nicely with what they have planed for gen 2  - who knows.

Move needs to go. The camera tracking worked decent enough for gen 1 PSVR but PSVR2 needs a fundamentally different tracking system. Likely even inside out, hence no dedicated camera port in the PS5.

PS5 PSVR games will need the new controllers to work yet I see no reason why it couldn't work with the old headset. It's just down sampling in the end, but perhaps the new games will need the better tracking of PSVR2 to operate.


Booohoooo don't Jinx it.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Yeah, get GT7 out soon so I can pretend Sport never happened. I'm also getting a steering wheel with pedals and a shifter next year, as well as a racing seat, this would be great timing.