By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassins Creed, Should you buy? Reasons

My thoughts on the game,

The game wasn't bad, but I would probably agree with IGN's review score and I think it's more of a 7.5-8 scoring game.

The storyline isn't too bad and it's pretty interesting actually. I like that the stuff with Altair wraps up at the end of the game, but after that's done and you get out of the animus, seeing the credits felt like I drove right into a brick wall. I know it's setting up for the next game, but it was a very abrupt ending and I didn't even expect it. I'd probably attribute it to the fact that they're trying to tell two storylines at the same time and the game's more about Altair with Desmond waiting in the wings for his moment to shine in a later installment.

Other than that, I think that maybe the developers put too much time in the crowd, movement, and animation mechanics that they forgot to really make the game full of stuff to do. Yea, there are a number of things you can do (with only 3 out of 6 investigations needed to do the assassination), but after the first time, I only started doing all of the missions for the sake of being a completionist and it would get pretty boring in my opinion. Not only that, the crowds of people feel bland too. Interacting with the crowd is cool, but there isn't much variety in them. You'll always have the same guy to steal knives from, the same woman who begs you for money, the same drunk/crazy guy who pushes you, the same guy who gives the EXACT same speech, ect in EVERY street. It creates some atmosphere sure, but the 'WOW, look at the crowd' reaction only lasted till the first or second assassination. What made me even more annoyed was with how people react with you. I'll be walking and suddenly I'm called out as an assassin because I apparently was walking too fast and wasn't praying (honestly, it's worse when riding a horse) and I HATED the guys who pushed you because you couldn't do anything (other than throwing them) to stop them from attacking you unless you get docked for hurting a civialian and if you happen to get pushed into somebody, all the guards instantly see you as an assassian (this was a pain in the ass when I had to pickpocket a guy for a mission and there were 4+ crazy guys walking nearby).

Still, what I loved the most about the game was how you could literally climb anywhere as long there were things to grab onto as well as being able to use the rooftops to make traveling faster. Like I was saying, the things that it looks like they worked on the most are amazing (crowds, animations, climbing) and while getting to the assassinations was repetative, getting to actually take out the guy was pretty awesome. It's pretty satisfying leap straight at your target and stick the hidden blade in his neck. The combat becomes a bit annoying from when the soldiers suddenly spot you and to survive a fight, you have to just time your counters though the counter-kills are cool to watch. However, the combat gets worse near the end because you don't get an option to run away, you have to fight.

Around the Network

It was kinda repwtitive to me, but I'll try finishing it in May, just to say I beat it. Graphics were tough though, combat was actually fairly simple. Running away is the best part. It took me a while to grasp the map as well.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I've finished the PC version a couple of weeks ago, I could probably write a review if anyone would be interested to hear a whole view from a user.

Worst game I've played in the last year, it's basically a GTA clone with much less mission variation, a worse combat system (I didn't realize this was possibly before) and a near utter lack of side missions.

On the plus side it did have really pretty graphics, in fact had they retitled it a tour of the Middle East during the crusades and removed all the pathetic fightings, terrible plot, and missions I'd probably rate it a lot higher.

The "Confusing ending" was a prime opening for a sequal.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network
flagship said:
Worst game I've played in the last year, it's basically a GTA clone with much less mission variation, a worse combat system (I didn't realize this was possibly before) and a near utter lack of side missions.

On the plus side it did have really pretty graphics, in fact had they retitled it a tour of the Middle East during the crusades and removed all the pathetic fightings, terrible plot, and missions I'd probably rate it a lot higher.

Ok, but atleast you have to admit it was better than Jericho

Justice is always Right... Oh wait... that was Wright...

Crappy ending, and repetative missions are what kept me from buying the game.

anyways GTA IV shits on this game in terms of sandbox games.

You should! awesome game. Enjoy the most awesome graphics and best atmosphere ever. My personal favorite 2007.

On the other hand if you want to find something bad about the game you will find it.

I might pick this up when it's a platinum hit, or used.
I wouldn't wanna pay over $30 for this game. I'm kind of on a budget right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Also did you mention this game has crappy button smashing gameplay? When you fight that is