By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassins Creed, Should you buy? Reasons

So, Firstly heres some info on Assassins Creed.

Assassin's Creed is a third-person stealth game in which the player assumes the role of Desmond Miles, an average bartender who is the last descendant of a long family line of assassins. Desmond has been taken to a facility where he is forced to use the Animus, a machine that traces and recreates the memories of his ancestors during the Third Crusade. Through these genetic memories, the player controls Altaïr ibn La-Ahad, a member of the Assassin Brotherhood which is allied with one of the sides during the third crusade. Altaïr's objective in the game is to slay nine historical figures propagating the Crusades in the year 1191.

The Story

The overall story within Assassin's Creed is set in September 2012, Desmond Miles, a bartender, has been kidnapped by an unknown person prior to the start of the game, and is brought to Abstergo Industries, where researchers are working on the Animus project. The Animus is able to extract memories from the DNA of the user, allowing the user to replay those memories as if he were there himself. Desmond was "chosen" for the project due to his relationship to his ancestor Altaïr Ibn La-Ahad, a member of the Assassins Bureau during the Third Crusade of the Holy Land; the researchers express interest in understanding more of how the Assassins worked. Though initially Desmond's subconscious rejects the memories of Altaïr, he eventually learns to accept them and is able to proceed to follow Altaïr's actions through the Animus.

The memories of Altaïr that Desmond experiences start in AD 1191: Richard I of England has just recaptured the port city of Acre from the Muslims. With a base of operations established, the Crusaders prepare to march south. Their true target is Jerusalem – which they intend to recapture for Christianity. However the Muslim forces are massing in the ruins of Arsuf, intending to ambush the Crusaders and prevent them from reaching Jerusalem. These war maneuvers have left the rest of the Holy Land wide open. While Richard and Saladin battle one another, the men left to govern in their stead have begun taking advantage of their newfound positions of power. Exploitation, manipulation, and provocation rule the day.

Platforms - PlayStation 3, Xbox360, Microsoft Windows, DS

Genre(s) - Sealth, Action/Adventure

Developers - Ubisoft Montreal

Publishers - Ubisoft

Ratings : ESRB: M
               PEGI: 18+
               BBFC: 15
               OFLC (AU): MA15+
               OFLC (NZ): R13
               CERO:Z

Reception -

IGN - 7.7/10

Gamespot - 9.0/10

GameTrailers - 9.1/10

GamePro -5/5

Play Magazine - 10/10

OXM - 8.5/10

GameRadar - 10/10

Game Informer - 9.5/10

www.wikipedia.com

+ Good Mechanics

+ Good Storyline

+ Massive Cities

+ Loads of things to do

+ Relistics and Real time Enviroment

- Repetative

- Long fights where NPCs unexpetedly attack

- Alot of running, maybe too much

- High profile movements always attract attention

- Very strange glitches? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwywtvQRkg4

Hope this persuaded you too go buy it =D

Justice is always Right... Oh wait... that was Wright...

Around the Network

The story is great but it is also repetitive. It is definately worth renting or buying at a revatively low price

It was a great game with exception for the ending. I had no idea what so ever as to what was going on at the end.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Its hit and miss with this game... lots of people hated it... but they are morons IMO... I`m not a huge stealth fan... but I`m a huge history buff... and a sucker for fantastic atmosphere and graphics... I couldn´t get enough of this game and will defenitly replay it some time this year... for me this was the game of the year 07... not perfect in every way... but no game is... it did what it was meant to do with near perfection... the ending was a little crazy though... that could have been a little better... but I´m not going to spoil anything...

LISMDK said:
It was a great game with exception for the ending. I had no idea what so ever as to what was going on at the end.

Yeah me neither is was very, very confusing. They got carried away but oh well

Justice is always Right... Oh wait... that was Wright...

Around the Network
ItalianBoyPhil said:
LISMDK said:

Yeah me neither is was very, very confusing. They got carried away but oh well

I agree... BUT maybe we´ll have to wait for the sequel to fully understand where they are going with the story... maybe it will all come together... it may also fall appart... hard to say... but yeah the ending was a little to Donny Darko for me as well... but that was only a very short part of an otherwhise fantastic game...

Im probably going to get it. Its only like $39 now used.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Don't buy it I got it and got bored but that's just my opinion.

rent it and pass it in one 10 hour sitting.

Awesome game. I really want to see the sequel.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"