By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Control on the Switch is amazing

Metallox said:
What's your speed? I wonder if my 90mbps are enough to handle it.

10-15mbps

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
Hiku said:
SKMBlake said:

The Cloud is handled by Ubitus, a Taiwanese (?) company - https://www.ubitus.net/en/ugamecloud.html

I was curious about this, and especially which company handled the cloud streaming, so it's nice to hear impressions on this.

This Ubitus company built its cloud tech on Nvidia's Geforce cloud tech many years ago and it's pretty full circle right now...

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/07/12/ubitus/

SKMBlake said:
Metallox said:
What's your speed? I wonder if my 90mbps are enough to handle it.

10-15mbps

I know I get like 30-40Mbps and it ran great for me as well!

It may not be a consistent for everyone, but it's been one of the better cloud experiences that I've had and it was really unexpected.

I think Ubitus is working with Nintendo, they are doing these little test runs and will expand this more and more as time goes on.

It's smart, instead of making a bunch of noise and hype they can quietly build up a good solid setup that scales up as more games become available and more Switch owners opt in to buying a Cloud based game or two.

The quality of experience so far seems to be getting a lot of rave reviews from people who have tried it. There's no reason really any game that is on the PC platform (barring MS or Sony IP obviously) can't be put on Switch this way.

I'd like to see Cyberpunk 2077 and Final Fantasy XV + VII added to Switch via Cloud streaming next year. Looks like we're getting all the Resident Evil games as Dark Golem's sources are rock solid. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 30 October 2020

So I bought this game for the sake of science, since I never played control anyway. Here are my initial impressions based on what I has seen so far.

In graphics mode, it does an ok job. There is no input lag and any studder that happens is likely due to hardware (on the other end), but I still had that, "I am streaming this game" feeling.

Now in performance mode on the other hand...this impressed me. It is a buttery smooth experience and IMO the image quality actually looks a bit better (probably due to streaming less assets). I honestly forget I am even streaming the game, and even under the most stressful combat situations, it remains a smooth experience. The only downfall I can think of (in both versions) is that the sound has like a half second delay at times that you will EASILY notice if looking for it. But it is so small that when just playing the game, you won't really notice it.

This is done on my home Wifi connection, which I will post my speeds below. So far, on wifi, the gameplay is worth the money if you don't mine the concept of streaming. It is a fine alternative for games that don't run on Switch, and it looks AMAZING in handheld mode. I will post my final impressions later today, as I still have yet to test portability. I will be using my 5G phone as a wifi hotspot during my downtime at work, and based on what I saw so far, I expect good things. If this is the case, this will make an excellent portable option for anyone that wants it and has a decent data plan.

My wifi speeds for this test are...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

How do you guys check internet speeds for gaming? On your PC? Where can I check I have unlimited data?

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 30 October 2020

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

dx11332sega said:

How do you guys check internet speeds for gaming? On your PC? Where can I check I have unlimited data?

On your Switch (if you have one)

SKMBlake said:
dx11332sega said:

Download speed 40.0mbps

Upload speed 14.1 mbps

Which one is the correct one ?

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 30 October 2020

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

dx11332sega said:
SKMBlake said:

Download speed 40.0mbps

Upload speed 14.1 mbps

(I'm pretty sure you make this up but this can be useful for others)

The first one is correct

dx11332sega said:
SKMBlake said:

Download speed 40.0mbps

Upload speed 14.1 mbps

(I'm pretty sure you make this up but this can be useful for others)

The first one is correct