By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your sexual orientation?

I think I'm bisexual, leaning towards gay. I mean, I haven't had a crush on a woman in decades, but I'm not opposed to enjoying the female company if the opportunity presents itself.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Don't think this will really give you an idea of how much of the population is gay or bi. There may be factors that cause gay people to be over or underrepresented on VGChartz.

For example, one thing learned in this thread is that approximately 100% of the world population is male.

Yeah, you're not going to get results representative of the actual population from a forum like this. As you can tell from the replies so far, we do have an unusually large number of bi and gay people here on VGC. Most countries that have done scientific studies and surveys have have found that 5% or less of their population openly identifies as gay, lesbian, or bi, but on this thread we're currently sitting at 18 straight, 8 bi, and 7 gay by my count, way, way higher than 5% LGB.

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, you're not going to get results representative of the actual population from a forum like this. As you can tell from the replies so far, we do have an unusually large number of bi and gay people here on VGC. Most countries that have done scientific studies and surveys have have found that 5% or less of their population openly identifies as gay, lesbian, or bi, but on this thread we're currently sitting at 18 straight, 8 bi, and 7 gay by my count, way, way higher than 5% LGB.

I don't know an exact answer but that 5% just account for those who are out in real life. LGBT+ definitely accounts for more than 5% of the population (though it could only vary by a few points).  The joys of vgchartz (and other websites) is that you can be completely honest about your sexuality without having to out yourself in the real world. 

Though this site has always had a slightly higher amount of gay members than most sites I frequent. But that could be for many reasons. 

Gay man here! #YesHomo

Around the Network

No label can contain my depravity.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

axumblade said:
shikamaru317 said:

I don't know an exact answer but that 5% just account for those who are out in real life. LGBT+ definitely accounts for more than 5% of the population (though it could only vary by a few points).  The joys of vgchartz (and other websites) is that you can be completely honest about your sexuality without having to out yourself in the real world. 

Though this site has always had a slightly higher amount of gay members than most sites I frequent. But that could be for many reasons. 

Yeah, it might be a bit higher than 5% due to closeted folk, but I'd be shocked if the percentage of LGBT people in the world is over 10%. 

Gay

Ka-pi96 said:
Straight.

Penises are gross and disgusting!

Are you disgusted with yourself? 

ice said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Straight.

Penises are gross and disgusting!

Are you disgusted with yourself? 

Yes!

Would rather have been female if given the choice. But alas, you don't get to choose. Plus, being female would make having kids a whole lot more difficult.