By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - History: Halo vs Doom

Tagged games:

Halo or Doom

Rip and Tear 9 37.50%

Finishing this fight 4 16.67%

Rip and Tear while Finishing this fight 11 45.83%

Total:24

I feel like part of the seesaw between the two was that Doom arrived during a time when gaming was about straightforward arcadey action, then later Halo's open levels, vehicles, etc added a whole new level of complexity to games that was novel and mindblowing at the time. This ushered in a new era and Doom felt antiquated for the moment.

Then, many years later at a time when basically everything was going with big open worlds all that, Doom 2016 came along and succeeded by appealing to that same old elegant arcadey simplicity that had been all but lost from big budget gaming at the time.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

I'm a fan of both we all know Halo is a "Doom Clone".

Now that I'm playing Eternal I can firmly hand my vote to Doom.
Halo is awesome, don't get me wrong, but between the 1993 classic and the utterly amazing 2016 and Eternal, Doom now has the edge in my book.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 December 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Between what I played of Halo (1, 2, 3, and Reach) and Doom (Original and 2016), Halo by a significant margin.