By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 makes it easier to report abusive behavior in party chat

Sure they wont monitor or listen in on conversations, just like they wont use the built in mic on every controller to spy on you.

Around the Network

Here’s a tip for people, leave the party and block said user If you’re that upset lol No need to waste Sony’s time

twintail said:
ice said:
Here’s a tip for people, leave the party and block said user If you’re that upset lol No need to waste Sony’s time

So you're ok with ppl being racist, homophobic etc?

Because blocking said user is good and all but is of no consequence to the person at fault. 

Toxic could mean a lot of things, most situations can be handled with a block. Sure there’s extreme cases, if someone is homophobic to me, I’ll block them and move on, you think getting a day or so ban is any real consequence? I’d rather take actions in my own hands and get faster results. Idk where you got I was okay with people being racist and homophobic but okay. Nothing wrong with reporting someone but you have tools to act upon stuff yourself. 

twintail said:
ice said:

Toxic could mean a lot of things, most situations can be handled with a block. Sure there’s extreme cases, if someone is homophobic to me, I’ll block them and move on, you think getting a day or so ban is any real consequence? I’d rather take actions in my own hands and get faster results. Idk where you got I was okay with people being racist and homophobic but okay. Nothing wrong with reporting someone but you have tools to act upon stuff yourself. 

You gave a somewhat flippant reply to a feature that will be a godsend for many people, hence my question (not statement of fact). 

And yes, a ban is more of a consequence when compared to a block. How much is obviously debatable of course, but it is something hat actually affects the perpetrator.

Seemed like a rather harsh and unwarranted question (Borderline implication) for saying people can more often than not stand up for themselves and block someone. 

But yes I agree such extreme cases should be reported, the other 90% of cases when gamers are just being assholes, people should take matters in their own hands and get immediate results. 

The other thread about this was... deleted, I guess, since I can't find it anywhere? Just to give this a more positive spin or what's up?

Anyway, I still consider this a privacy invasion since it's not really opt-in. I mean, it's opt-in in the sense that you can use the console without Sony getting to hear your voice, but it's not really opt-in in the sense that to guarantee your voice not getting heard by Sony, you have to give up on something that doesn't really need to record your voice. It's not a terrible privacy invasion, but I still don't consider it even close to being worth the trade-off.

Around the Network

What kind of support system will Sony have in place for repeat offenders that comes from bad homes and add a very hard life that led to poor live choice and what if they never had the proper family and support system? How will they prevent selected recording that a bully can start a new chat and record the victim after they take revenge on said cyberbully. Will Sony have all conversation from the victim and the accused to make the right call and determined if a crime really occurred. Will they have access to more then just the incriminating clip? Does Sony now have power of God when it come to handing judgment and bans?

Which words, saying and comment can no longer be said legally under the Sony rule of law? What will be consider an offense to the Sony censorship program? How long will your term be if found guilty?🤔 

Last edited by yvanjean - on 17 October 2020

yvanjean said:

What kind of support system will Sony have in place for repeat offenders that comes from bad homes and add a very hard life that led to poor live choice and what if they never had the proper family and support system? How will they prevent selected recording that a bully can start a new chat and record the victim after they take revenge on said cyberbully. Will Sony have all conversation from the victim and the accused to make the right call and determined if a crime really occurred. Will they have access to more then just the incriminating clip? Does Sony now have power of God when it come to handing judgment and bans?

Which words, saying and comment can no longer be said legally under the Sony rule of law? What will be consider an offense to the Sony censorship program? How long will your term be if found guilty?🤔 

It'll probably be something similar to when Microsoft evaluate reports from party chat. Don't you think?

This feels pretty pointless considering it's party chat, you either invite someone to your party chat or you get invited, unless you join via friend list and it's unlocked. So chances are, you're in a party with friends and rarely strangers. So imo it's pretty bad taste to report your friend Bob if he says all kinds of crap if you've lost your 10th Warzone match in a row. That's why you're in a party chat venting with friends rather than the public lobby. I missed the good old days of the MW2 lobby...

Replicant said:
yvanjean said:

It'll probably be something similar to when Microsoft evaluate reports from party chat. Don't you think?

Not sure, probable more similar to how Kinect 2.0 was used as a spying hardware by the US government 😏 too bad for them it never really sold and got into every home 🏡.

yvanjean said:
Replicant said:

Not sure, probable more similar to how Kinect 2.0 was used as a spying hardware by the US government 😏 too bad for them it never really sold and got into every home 🏡.

They didn't need just Kinect. Microsoft recorded and listened to Xbox gamers, Cortana and Skype calls- and gave those recordings to outside third party vendors to work with.

It comes after Vice news revealed that it had been recording and listening to the private conversations of gamers - many of whom were children - as far back as 2014. 

Many customers were unaware of the practice.

It had previously been reported that Microsoft workers listened to some Skype calls as well as audio recorded by Cortana, its virtual assistant.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-49435837

The recordings included private conversations such as people talking intimately to loved ones and others apparently discussing relationship problems.

Microsofts privacy statement says data may be shared "with vendors working on our behalf".

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xweqbq/microsoft-contractors-listen-to-skype-calls