By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5's First Year Games Lineup Looks Amazing!

Bandorr said:
DroidKnight said:

This was from another thread where the polar opposite was first introduced.  

All's fair in love and war.

So many various issues with this.  Let's see. This isn't love or war. This is a forum of people discussing things. If you take things so far as you see them as war - you may need to seek professional help.  I was trying to remember an online place that does that but I couldn't remember one. I typically ignore ads in podcasts anyways.

Next I'd say Person A doing something doesn't justify person B doing that. "HE HIT ME FIRST" is an argument little kids don't get away with. Adults wouldn't get away with it either.

And last my object wasn't to the "it's abysmal" it's to the comparison.  You can't go from "The launch is abysmal and people should be harassed to" "I don't like it".

But from conversations I've had recently with both you and Chakkra I can see how this conversation will go. I'll let you boys continue to play make believe war over consoles. I'm out.

--

As far as the thread goes. The lack of any release date for Scarlet nexus is disappointing. Putting it at Dec 31 2021 means next year

I love how many people don't recognize the difference between 'I don't like a thing' and 'this thing is bad'. Individual opinions are subjective, but it is possible to get a consensus, which is as close to objective as you can get. 

Saying 'this launch lineup isn't for me' or even as harsh as 'absolutely nothing on this launch looks good to me, and they all look bad', is a world apart from a more reasonable but false statement of 'there aren't enough games' or 'there isn't enough variety' or 'there's nothing that makes me attracted to the PS5 when I already have a PS4'. To which I'd reply there are many games with tonnes of variety. Brand exclusives like Spider-Man, Console exclusives, remasters, rereleases, and a wide variety of genres. The've got games that appeal to many demographics (Regardless of skin colour or age or sexuality, pretty sure there's plenty of stuff coming to the system), they've got western and eastern inspired games, toony games, realistic games, fantasy games, RPGs, shooters, platformers, racers, etc. 

Objectively, this is a stellar lineup. Solid 8 or 9/10. For me personally, it's hitting ALL the right notes. Demon's Souls Remastered, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Horizon The Forbidden West, and God of War 2 are all absolute megatons, sequels of some of the best games last gen or remakes of games in a spiritual franchise that ranks among my most loved and played ever. This isn't even factoring in stuff like Sackboy's Big Adventure (Which looks reasonably good, but maybe a 7/10 game), Gran Turismo (A game I don't really care for as Racing games outside of MarioKart bore me), Godfall (Something about that game just isn't appealing to me and I genuinely don't know why), Destruction All-Stars (I Don't like online styled arena games), or many of the other third party stuff I'm unsure of (Like Deathloop or Kena: Bridge of Spirits, which both look phenomenal but I'm still not sure about their status as a PS Exclusive and it's a new IP so it could be crap and we just don't know it yet). Oh, and all the third party games that are coming out for the system that will bolster the rather well-established and diverse lineup. 

I count just from that, like 12 high-profile exclusives for the console in its first year. That's incredible no matter how you slice it. 

How anyone could look at that rather large and diverse list and go 'eeh, nothing for me' makes no sense to me. I get some people REALLY like semi-realistic sci-fi shooters, but come on, you can't look at all those games and not bein to ANY of it without being incredibly narrow-minded. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
gamingsoul said:
So much salt here at nintendochartz, the launch lineup is very impressive by any account, easily the best launch lineup for any ps console ever.

Better than the ps4. I don't recall the PS3/2/1 launch.

All of sony's launches have been paltry by comparison. PS1 and PS2 were decent, but PS3 and PS4 took a while to get some steam and look where those libraries ended up! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Bandorr said:

So many various issues with this.  Let's see. This isn't love or war. This is a forum of people discussing things. If you take things so far as you see them as war - you may need to seek professional help.  I was trying to remember an online place that does that but I couldn't remember one. I typically ignore ads in podcasts anyways.

Next I'd say Person A doing something doesn't justify person B doing that. "HE HIT ME FIRST" is an argument little kids don't get away with. Adults wouldn't get away with it either.

And last my object wasn't to the "it's abysmal" it's to the comparison.  You can't go from "The launch is abysmal and people should be harassed to" "I don't like it".

But from conversations I've had recently with both you and Chakkra I can see how this conversation will go. I'll let you boys continue to play make believe war over consoles. I'm out.

--

As far as the thread goes. The lack of any release date for Scarlet nexus is disappointing. Putting it at Dec 31 2021 means next year

I usually jump in and out of most threads from different console manufactures and often notice the back and forth from people who love their plastic from all sides.  Some of it is amusing and some of it is annoying.  I'm okay with current launch line-ups.  I'm not a fan of Spider-man but do like how Demon's Souls look.  I can't play everything so I'm fine with a slow trickle of games.

As far as the above reference it's a proverb attributed to John Lyly's Euphes.

Here you go:  "All's fair in love and war because any feeling, emotion, perspective, and opinion related to love or war is a fair and justified one; even if it is crazy, imbalanced, and unjust. It's still fair, and real, and true, and your human right to have it no matter how harsh the ramifications of your passion."

It was only meant as an observation of the current state of the back and forth that occurs before the launch of a new generation.  Who knows maybe I do need professional help.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
Bandorr said:

There are several huge steps between "I see nothing that interests me" and "This is an abysmal launch imho. People should be on twitter giving Sony Ceo a hard time about it."

Even the "abysmal" part would be a couple steps difference. But you went further with suggesting people harrass someone.

"I don't like it" is a subjective opinion. "This is an abysmal launch" is an objective opinion. Suggesting a further step that people (not just you) should harass someone because of it.

You actually spoiled my experiment. I wanted to see a few more responses. :)

Bandorr said:
DroidKnight said:

--

Now, this post was not made "to hit" anyone. I made the post:

A) As a test to see what kind of responses that statement would get in here.

B) To create awareness that it is not cool to go around trying to force your opinions as "facts."

You hit the nail on the head with your first response ("I don't like it" is a subjective opinion. "This is an abysmal launch" is an objective opinion), which is exactly my point. Some people in here love to go around trying to tell others what they should or should not be excited about or what should or should not be considered "a good" game or "a good" line-up. Like, I understand some people not liking SoT, Crackdown 3, Days Gone, or TLoU2 but going around trying to force the idea that they are bad games, when there are millions of people out there enjoying them, is not cool. The same applies to launch line-ups, what excites you is not the same that excites me, and is not the same that excites KratosLive, etc, etc,

Oh! and btw, there are actually several games that do interest me on this line-up.

Runa216 said:
Bandorr said:

--

I love how many people don't recognize the difference between 'I don't like a thing' and 'this thing is bad'. Individual opinions are subjective, but it is possible to get a consensus, which is as close to objective as you can get. 

And this right here is actually the worst offender of them all when it comes to trying to force their opinions into others as facts. How beautiful it is to see those words coming from you. I wish I could say that I have faith that you won't forget them tomorrow though.

Runa216 said:
Bandorr said:

Better than the ps4. I don't recall the PS3/2/1 launch.

All of sony's launches have been paltry by comparison. PS1 and PS2 were decent, but PS3 and PS4 took a while to get some steam and look where those libraries ended up! 

I didn't have the PS1 but my favorite games I got on launch or near launch for PS2 was Timesplitter and PS3 was Lemmings...Motorstorm looked pretty good.  Those systems did at least introduce DVD's on the PS2 which occupied some time and the PS3 came out with Blu Ray to buy new movies on.  The PS5 launch games trounces both the 2 and 3 in terms of games.

Around the Network
chakkra said:
Runa216 said:

And this right here is actually the worst offender of them all when it comes to trying to force their opinions into others as facts. How beautiful it is to see those words coming from you. I wish I could say that I have faith that you won't forget them tomorrow though.

People keep saying this but it's not true. I've always separated my opinions from the facts. the numbers and data from my personal assessments of said data when compared to my values. I've cited many, many, MANY instances throughout my time on here showcasing the difference between 'I don't like Halo' vs 'halo is a bad game'. One of these is a statement of opinion and completely reasonable and true. The other is a statement of a fact that is false. 

People just get bitchy that the facts I share do not favour Xbox. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

gamingsoul said:
So much salt here at nintendochartz, the launch lineup is very impressive by any account, easily the best launch lineup for any ps console ever.

being a nintendo fan has nothing to do with an uninteresting lineup. Its just not looking hot to me lmao not sure what to tell you

MasonADC said:
gamingsoul said:

being a nintendo fan has nothing to do with an uninteresting lineup. Its just not looking hot to me lmao not sure what to tell you

Is there a chance that you prefer Nintendo's style and that's WHY Sony's output isn't for you? I know I don't much care for shooters or racing games, which is why I don't like more than half of Xbox's output. I mean, what you like influences what you don't like. If you like colourful platformers or fantasy games like Zelda, I could see you not being too hot on stuff like Gran Turismo, God of War, Demon's Souls, or Horizon. But then I'd point you to Ratchet & Clank or Kena or Sackboy's Big Adventure. I mean, the reason I like Sony so much, why it does so well, and why I think this launch period is so amazing is the diversity and variety. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Oddly enough it's the PS4 games that makes want to jump in, especially Ghost, GoW, Bloodborne, throw Demon Souls on top and I am in? ..... buuuuut, I am not paying 500 dollars for a console anyway, I just don't play that often enough these days and the Switch has been enough , maybe when I start working less than full time again, and it looks like we're getting a decent final fantasy game for once, sweet.

Runa216 said:
MasonADC said:

Is there a chance that you prefer Nintendo's style and that's WHY Sony's output isn't for you? I know I don't much care for shooters or racing games, which is why I don't like more than half of Xbox's output. I mean, what you like influences what you don't like. If you like colourful platformers or fantasy games like Zelda, I could see you not being too hot on stuff like Gran Turismo, God of War, Demon's Souls, or Horizon. But then I'd point you to Ratchet & Clank or Kena or Sackboy's Big Adventure. I mean, the reason I like Sony so much, why it does so well, and why I think this launch period is so amazing is the diversity and variety. 

Most of Sony first party output isnt for me and their third party support is why I buy their consoles. There aren't to many announced games yet that are exclusive to ps5 that I want, maybe i could name three. Demon Souls, kena, and FF16. Im sure its gonna get better eventually but its just a waiting game for me. 

Last edited by MasonADC - on 15 October 2020