By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5's First Year Games Lineup Looks Amazing!

Little over a month to go before its release - but the PS5's first year games lineup is already shaping up to be pretty amazing!

Didn't get a chance to preorder one -  but hopefully I can snag one in store somewhere on or near release.

The launch lineup is arguably the greatest in PlayStation history with:

• Astro's Playroom
  • Demon's Souls
  • Destruction Allstars
  • Marvel's Spider-Man:  Miles Morales
  • Sackboy:  A Big Adventure

There are also some really cool looking timed exclusives coming out either at launch, or within the first quarter of 2021:

• Godfall
  • Bugsnax (so dumb but looks like it will be a good time with my son)
  • Deathloop
  • Ghostwire Tokyo
  • Kena:  Bridge Of Spirits (this looks so freaking good!)

There are going to be a lot of heavy hitter 3rd party games coming out at or near launch as well (although some may not get a next gen patch until next year):

• Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Call of Duty:  Black Ops Cold War
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Watchdogs Legion

There are some big exclusives coming next year (though I expect some will get delayed into 2022- most likely God Of War and Gran Turismo):

• God of War:  Ragnarok
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Horizon:  Forbidden West
  • Ratchet & Clank:  Rift Apart
  • Returnal

Other big 3rd party games coming out next year and beyond will include

• Far Cry 6
  • Gotham Knights
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Suicide Squad:  Kill The Justice League (think this has a 2022 release date)
  • FFXVI (who the fuck knows when this game is coming out?! LOL)

But it's the unknown that has me the most excited.  Could we see a new Uncharted game?  A Bloodborne sequel?  What's Kojima been up to?  When is Ueda's next game coming out?  That and the fact that Naughty Dog hasn't even entered the PS5 ring yet.  What they were able to accomplish on the PS4 already puts a lot of next gen games to shame.  Hopefully Factions gets announced soon - but away from that I'm hoping that they work on a new IP (Savage Starlight!) before they circle back and close out the Last Of Us trilogy.

I'm sure Dreams will continue to grow on PS5 too- which is great for Media Molecule and that awesome and talented community.

At least for the first year the PlayStation 5 is looking pretty solid with a steady stream of games

Last edited by Zombie9ers - on 06 October 2020

Around the Network

Good for you if you're excited. For me this'll be the first time in a long while I'm not going to get a console at launch, because there is absolutely no reason to.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It looks good for sure. I dont know if "amazing" would be the word I'd use.
It wouldve been amazing had they announced Suikoden VI.

Yeah, the first year of PS5's life sold me ages ago. Seriously, Spider-Man, Horizon, Demon's Souls, and Ratchet & Clank alone is enough to make me buy the console, but this might actually be the best first year in PS history. It might be the best year for any one console, comparable to Switch's first year with Zelda and Mario.

Of course, it's too early to tell if all these games are going to be good, but Sony has been pretty good about delivering the goods and many of these are remakes or sequels to some of the best PS3/4 games.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I respectfully disagree, but that might change once developers start to announce more games. Im looking forward to kena and final fantasy out of that list. and maybe deathloop

Around the Network

Nope. PS2

It looks anemic. That list I could not find myself to care one single bit. Just so meh.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

vivster said:

Good for you if you're excited. For me this'll be the first time in a long while I'm not going to get a console at launch, because there is absolutely no reason to.

But why, though? The list of games coming out in the first year has a hell of a pedigree to it. Sequels to Horizon and God of War - two of the most loved games of the past gen? check. Side-content to the best-selling superhero game of all time? Check. Remake of an old classic? Check. Platformers, racing games, shooters, Ratchet & Clank? All check. Like, it's a super diverse lineup and I genuinely am curious what more you could possibly expect from a console's first year. Like, I wanna hear what it'd take for you to get the console within its first year. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Leynos said:
It looks anemic. That list I could not find myself to care one single bit. Just so meh.

What WOULD make you want it? What kind of games do you like that's missing from this list? Do you just not care for any of the franchises represented? What ARE your tastes if no games on this list are to your desires? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

It'll all be on PC within 2-3 years, so I'll pass on PS5. I can just play those games on my PC.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 06 October 2020