By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Your lifetime sales expectations for Xbox Series X|S?

Your lifetime sales expectations for Xbox Series X|S?

Less than 30 million 101 8.40%

30.0 - 39.9 million 85 7.07%

40.0 - 49.9 million 126 10.47%

50.0 - 59.9 million 224 18.62%

60.0 - 69.9 million 255 21.20%

70.0 - 79.9 million 186 15.46%

80.0 - 89.9 million 130 10.81%

90.0 - 99.9 million 23 1.91%

100.0 - 110.0 million 27 2.24%

More than 110 million 46 3.82%

Total:1,203

I’m thinking 65M, they seem to be offering a better deal than with the XBOne, with both the S and the X.

Bonus: I’m leaning more to the XBox side at the moment than to the PS side. Though 90% of the reason for that is due to the fact that both PS5’s are too hideous to look at. It actively makes me not want them. The other 10% is due to what I state above; it actually looks like they have a good deal this generation. Still, at the moment I’m not planning to get any next gen console because there’s absolutely nothing that is interesting about them to me.

Around the Network

90+ million. With game pass and the power narrative on Xbox side I believe this upcoming generation belongs to Xbox

I wish we had the same thread now. Would be fun to see how people's thoughts have changed. 

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I wish we had the same thread now. Would be fun to see how people's thoughts have changed. 

Not really (for me) as MS pushes way hard to make feel like you don't even need to buy an Xbox to play its games, you can now play Series X games on your Xbox One.

If it reaches 50 million with a heavily discounted Series S and X, that will be an achievement.

They'll sell something between XONE and X360.

Around the Network

70-80 million

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I still think it will be in the 60-70 range. Just like SKMBlake said, MS keeps pushing the idea that you don't even need to buy an Xbox to play its games, and I still don't know how much that could affect the console's sales.

shikamaru317 said:
chakkra said:

I still think it will be in the 60-70 range. Just like SKMBlake said, MS keeps pushing the idea that you don't even need to buy an Xbox to play its games, and I still don't know how much that could affect the console's sales.

I don't see cloud eating up that many Xbox Series sales. Between people with data caps on their internet plan, people in rural areas with internet that is too slow to Cloud stream at all, and people who will try cloud and be unhappy with the added latency, I really don't think Xbox Cloud Gaming will cut into Xbox Series sales much at all. I think most of the fans of Bethesda games on PS will buy at least a cheap Series S in a sale later in the generation (once it drops to like $200) rather than trying to play games like Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6, Indiana Jones, and the rumored Quake reboot on Cloud.

I hope you're right. I'm just still not convinced yet.

Xbox Cloud Gaming has been around for a while now and Series is the fastest-selling Xbox ever. Xbox Cloud Gaming has been more succesful in India and Brazil. In those two countries, console sales are low because people can't afford consoles. The target audience of Xbox Cloud Gaming and of Xbox Series are different. In the first world countries - where 80% of consoles are sold - , people will absolutely keep buying Xbox consoles. Xbox Cloud Gaming expands the Xbox audience and will not hurt Xbox console sales in the mid-term (so until 2027). In 15-20 years? Yeah, that is another story.

Anyway, I'm going with 75 million consoles, the same as the 3DS.

I'm updating my prediction to 80 million. 11.5-12 million this year.