By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Games Recommendation

The best moment to buy a console is

when it is released 3 18.75%

2nd-3rd year 11 68.75%

during it's final years 2 12.50%

Total:16

So yeah. I got my PS4 back then in Holiday 2014 when I still was at School and got a lot of the good games back then which were mostly third-party games and some first-party stuff like Killzone and InFAMOUS. After graduating from High School in 2015 I went into a full-year trip in 2016 and then began Uni in 2017, so I never touched my PS4 ever again (I think I turned it on maybe once to let a friend play in 2018). Now, with the PS5 on the corner and with nothing else to play on my Switch, I decided this is the perfect time to play all those treasures the PS4 has to offer that I missed this last 4-5 years. Since Uni had me quite busy, I didn't pay a lot of attention to the gaming press so I'm kinda lost on what's new. So... any recommendation guys?

Last edited by camilosanchez16 - on 28 September 2020

Around the Network

You should buy one when there’s a game you actually really want, whenever that may be, because that’s what you buy them for. That’s also why I can’t answer the poll, because depending on whenever a certain game I would want comes, that can be at launch, it’s second year, at the end, or never. On actual recommendations, I’d say MediEvil, but I love the style of game and the original.

The Last of Us part I and II.
God of War
Bloodborne
Ghost of Tsushima
Uncharted 1-4
Horizon Zero Dawn
Marvel’s Spider-Man
Dreams
Nioh 1-2
Final Fantasy VII Remake
And many more

Check out Mirrors Edge Catalyst for some hardcore parkour!

The best time to get a console is when you need it and have the funds to acquire it.

As for recommendations I'd say Infamous Second Son and DQ 11.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War are the two must plays on PS4 imo. Above everything else. But it depends on your taste.

Persona 5 is amazing if you like JRPG's.

It depends on what genre you like, but since there’s no specification I’ll try to make the recommendations diverse

First-Party:

• Uncharted 4 (action-adventure)

• Tearaway (platformer)

• Dreams (sandbox)

Second-Party:

• Bloodborne (souls like)

• Detroit Become Human (telltale game?)

• Shadow of the Colossus Remake (platformer or puzzle-platformer)

Third Party:

• Metal Gear Solid V (action-adventure)

• Hitman (stealth)

• The Witness (puzzle)

Hollow Knight

Best time to buy a Nintendo console is usually about 1-2 years after release.  Best time to buy a Sony console is usually about 4-5 years after release.  Nintendo likes to release their best games near the beginning, while Playstation systems seem to get their best games right before the next system releases (or maybe even after the next system releases).  

kazuyamishima said:
The Last of Us part I and II.
God of War
Bloodborne
Ghost of Tsushima
Uncharted 1-4
Horizon Zero Dawn
Marvel’s Spider-Man
Dreams
Nioh 1-2
Final Fantasy VII Remake
And many more

Everything on this list +

Shadow of the Colossus

Ratchet and Clank

Uncharted The Lost Legacy

Until Dawn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.