Forums - Sony Discussion - I was able to grab a PS5 pre order.... but I'm feeling a certain kinda way now.

Well, then consider if you want to pay extra for a PS+ you can't use. Maybe you're able to sell it off to someone else though?
That leaves the extra controller, which may come in handy some years down the road when your old one has gone through some wear and tear,

Around the Network

That does indeed seem overpriced to me. I'm glad I managed to secure my Xbox Series X for $500, without needing to get some overpriced Gamestop bundle or something.

Why is it so expensive?

So, these are the pricings that I can find:

PS5: $500
Demon's Souls: $70
Spider-Man: $50
Controller: $70
1 year of PS+: $60

That should add up to $750 + tax. Don't know what tax is where you live, I know I got charged 5% sales tax for my Xbox Series X on Amazon. I definitely feel like you got ripped off.

Xxain said:
Jpcc86 said:

Why tho. Base PS5 + 2 games = $640. 
Im not sure I like that bundle. Sounds more expensive than it should, considering that extra controller you didnt want. 

Tax + shipping and I think Both games and $70

You were charged for shipping too??  Do the other retailers charge for shipping on consoles?  I thought most had free shipping on orders over $50 or so.  I preordered my XBox from the MS Store and got free shipping.

SW-3707-5131-3911

Around the Network

The issue is not the price because more than half bundle I'm OK with. Demons Souls and spidman were definites, but I was just gonna spiderman for Christmas. Now Sackboy is Christmas and not to mention other possibilities like far cry and Assassins Creed if they ain't shit. I'll keep the controller because I'm sure I'll need it at some point just was not planning on now. I just feel scalped that's all. If it was a bundle just say it so I can take more than 30secs to think about it.

I worked at Best Buy when the 360,ps3 and Wii came out. Corporate made us hard bundle the initial launch shipment... which was super annoying having to argue with people about that...

gergroy said:
I worked at Best Buy when the 360,ps3 and Wii came out. Corporate made us hard bundle the initial launch shipment... which was super annoying having to argue with people about that...

At the same time, can we really blame them?

They need the software and accessory to really make the sale of the console worth it in term of profits. 
And with scalpers and all, you know that at some point you will have customer buying the console only because they happened to find one, thus not making any money.

If you look at gamestop you can see the bundle. It is the ultimate spiderman collection of both spider-men. So that's $70.
So 500 + 280. Factor in shipping and tax and it's not a bad price.

It's kinda an all in price but not bad.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

Gamestop always does that shit. I mean, I understand why they do it. They gotta sell you software and accessories to make any money. But, the lack of consumer choice there is really annoying.

Not that it would fundamentally change anything, but maybe they could at least give you a choice of games, and throw in a gift card rather than a controller or something. That would make the bundle more appealing. For that matter, just sell a bundle for $850 that's a PS5 with a $350 Gamestop giftcard.