By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I was able to grab a PS5 pre order.... but I'm feeling a certain kinda way now.

The issue is not the price because more than half bundle I'm OK with. Demons Souls and spidman were definites, but I was just gonna spiderman for Christmas. Now Sackboy is Christmas and not to mention other possibilities like far cry and Assassins Creed if they ain't shit. I'll keep the controller because I'm sure I'll need it at some point just was not planning on now. I just feel scalped that's all. If it was a bundle just say it so I can take more than 30secs to think about it.

Around the Network

I worked at Best Buy when the 360,ps3 and Wii came out. Corporate made us hard bundle the initial launch shipment... which was super annoying having to argue with people about that...

gergroy said:
I worked at Best Buy when the 360,ps3 and Wii came out. Corporate made us hard bundle the initial launch shipment... which was super annoying having to argue with people about that...

At the same time, can we really blame them?

They need the software and accessory to really make the sale of the console worth it in term of profits. 
And with scalpers and all, you know that at some point you will have customer buying the console only because they happened to find one, thus not making any money.

Gamestop always does that shit. I mean, I understand why they do it. They gotta sell you software and accessories to make any money. But, the lack of consumer choice there is really annoying.

Not that it would fundamentally change anything, but maybe they could at least give you a choice of games, and throw in a gift card rather than a controller or something. That would make the bundle more appealing. For that matter, just sell a bundle for $850 that's a PS5 with a $350 Gamestop giftcard.

I've been unable to secure an XSX preorder, so I've already been thinking about whether I'm going to let Gamestop fuck me with a bundle that I don't want..... Right now, I'm leaning toward just waiting it out and hoping I can find a console at some retailer that sells me stuff that I want, and only the stuff I want.

Around the Network

It's hard to argue, but I never pay for something when I feel uncomfortable about it. Particularly at this price range. Don't impulse buy, ever.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?