By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Drift issue on my Nintendo Switch

Hi all.

I wanted to share with you that my Nintendo Switch is suffering from the famous issue with the left joycon stick.

I called Nintendo last week asking them to fix It, but they say my console is no longer in warranty period and they can't fix It.

I read un an articule that there is a collective demand against Nintendo due to this in the usa, and for this reazon Nintendo is fixing this issue.

Do you guys have also experienced this problem?

What do you recommend me?

A New joycon is 80€. 

I am really upset with Nintendo for this and I am fan since I was a kid

Around the Network

Call again, had the same issue got fixed OOW but thats in Europe

Edit: actually within warranty after looking up correspondence

Last edited by kirby007 - on 23 September 2020

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Joy-Cons get free repairs, doesn't matter if the console is out of warranty. Or do you have a Switch Lite?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Yes, I Live in Europe too, but they refuse to fix It for free.

Ah, I don't know in Europe. In North America, agents are told that Joy-Con units get free repairs. I know because, well, it's been known for a while and I also worked at a Nintendo call center for a while and they told me the same thing.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

It is not Switch Lite, It is the standard model.

In my country Nintendo does not care about customers.

There are some pretty good 3rd party alts out there. If you don't care about rumble or Joycons being independent. Split Pad Pro is excellent. There is no perm fix to the joycon issue as all analog sticks are off the shelf Chinese parts that have a design flaw.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Maybe there is someone in your area that can replace the joystick or make a similar repair. That's still cheaper than paying full price for the controller.

repaired my launch unit joycons for free last month. they swapped the whole analog stick maybe you can send them to germany? if not directly maybe over some of this package forward sites. paid 0€ nintendo even paid my shipment to them and back.