By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Nintendo keep its prices where they are?

In a world where Sony's prices are changing along with so many others, we reach that point where Nintendo first party games will, for however long the PS5 games remain unreduced, be less expensive. 

It's an odd world to be sure, and I'm curious if it we will enter that world or if Nintendo will also alter their prices. I've seen no mumbling of that, but who among us saw Bethesda's recent purchasing coming? 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

seeing as nintendo doesn't do pricedrops for games, hell ye

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Wii games were $50 while the 360 and PS3 were $60. So maybe not on Switch. Successor tho yes.

Tho if we do, may take a year or so. I suspect Capcom is testing that with the deluxe version of Monster Hunter Rise.

Last edited by Leynos - on 23 September 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

For software you're asking? Switch 2 will introduce that for software on Nintendo platforms. I really doubt Nintendo would make such a move midway through the life of the Switch.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

There's absolutely no way they will do it on Switch. I think it's a definite possibility for the successor, but honestly, even then I don't see it happening. Xbox isn't doing it this gen, I don't think Nintendo will follow suit unless all other games are going to that price.

Around the Network

PS5 games gonna be the most expensive, Switch the cheapest, and Xbox the cheapest (if people want to save money and get GamePass).

They will after Switch. They have been getting away with never dropping the prices on their games already so what's a bit more.

Somini said:
They will after Switch. They have been getting away with never dropping the prices on their games already so what's a bit more.

Yeah, they do drop prices when they warrant it. Also 'keeping steady price' is not the same as '70 dollar games'. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

If everyone else is making more money...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

They'll likely raise them. people are already somehow happy with paying double the price for remasters on there, or older 1st party ports. Ninty hardly do price drops, but I can definitely see them doing further price increases, which will just see me buying less from them if that keeps up.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"