By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who are worse? Presidential candidate fanatics or game console fanatics?

which one is worse

Presidential candidate 33 94.29%

Console/PC box 2 5.71%

Total:35

Honestly we are human who loves certain thing and hate certain things. We also make a group that agree with one thing and hate on one thing, we support something we love. Yes it's exist  on sport, POlitic, games, product , Food, pets, etc. As long we live in this competitive world i guess that's just normal.

But what which one is worse when it come to fanboying , which one do you prefer. 

Around the Network

When you fanboy a presidential candidate it borders on the cult of personality and that is a dangerous mindset. What harm ever came from loving the Dreamcast or SEGA Saturn?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Consoles, easily.

Usually people fanboy to justify something. Spending of cash like car brands or political views like you alluded to.

Consoles are pretty cheap at the end of the day but the rabid fanboyism attached is massive.

RolStoppable said:
Presidential candidate is much worse because blind bias can have much more severe consequences than cheering for a plastic box.

agree with this opinion, console war only happen on forum and comment section. But Politic can create a real war 

CGI-Quality said:
Thread title changed.

Thanks, i am bad in writing 

Around the Network
Leynos said:
When you fanboy a presidential candidate it borders on the cult of personality and that is a dangerous mindset. What harm ever came from loving the Dreamcast or SEGA Saturn?

agree with this

RolStoppable said:
Presidential candidate is much worse because blind bias can have much more severe consequences than cheering for a plastic box.

Hmm, you raise a good point. I didn't really consider consequences outside of forums. Which is pretty short sided of me with what's going on in the world at the minute...

I suppose I don't consider ANTIFA "fanboys" for example, of which they aren't. They just started of that way and it evolved.

edit: thread title change also changes the question tbh.

ironmanDX said:
Consoles, easily.

Usually people fanboy to justify something. Spending of cash like car brands or political views like you alluded to.

Consoles are pretty cheap at the end of the day but the rabid fanboyism attached is massive.

yes console or electronic stuff in general is worse on forum, but when you meet the person in real life most of them are very kind person (probably gamer in general are kind person) , but when talking politic is another different matter it will affecting real life and how the way you live. 

ironmanDX said:
RolStoppable said:

Hmm, you raise a good point. I didn't really consider consequences outside of forums. Which is pretty short sided of me with what's going on in the world at the minute...

I suppose I don't consider ANTIFA "fanboys" for example, of which they aren't. They just started of that way and it evolved.

edit: thread title change also changes the question tbh.

yeah sorry my bad , i made a blunder, CGI just fixed for me. 

I think it depends for both on how much violence they are willing to commit for their particular object of desire. The more violence, the worse the case, period. I think this gives the edge to presidential candidates, but spend enough time around a gaming forum and you might change your mind. Either way, just be cool, man.