Forums - General Discussion - VGC users I can't barely tolerate

RolStoppable said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That isn't silent...

The w in "sword" is silent though. It's the same as "lord" except with an s.

And don't trust gergroy either. He's not even English!

Sounds like a conflict between British English and American English.

So you would say "a herb" instead of "an herb".

Yes, "a herb". Also kudos on knowing how to correctly use a/an. Far too many native speakers don't.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network

I hate that NyanNyanNekoChan bellend with his god damn awful weeb ass name. Good thing his post count is low so I don't have to suffer through reading many of his posts...



NyanNyanNekoChan said:
I hate that NyanNyanNekoChan bellend with his god damn awful weeb ass name. Good thing his post count is low so I don't have to suffer through reading many of his posts.

And doesnt use a weeb avatar so that helps also



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I hate that bomb and etecoon honestly. But at least they are better than ant fodder.



Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Ka-pi96 said:
RolStoppable said:

Well, then at least help me because there is something that I have been wondering about, similar to the silent H in the word 'herb'.

Is the W in 'sword' silent too? I can't make it out when I hear the word spoken in games. Do they say 'sord' or 'sword'?

That isn't silent...

The w in "sword" is silent though. It's the same as "lord" except with an s.

And don't trust gergroy either. He's not even English!

I do have an English degree though...🤔. There are differences between American and British English though... not too familiar with all the british stuff, maybe you guys just don’t like to pronounce things as they are spelled?



Around the Network
gergroy said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That isn't silent...

The w in "sword" is silent though. It's the same as "lord" except with an s.

And don't trust gergroy either. He's not even English!

I do have an English degree though...🤔. There are differences between American and British English though... not too familiar with all the british stuff, maybe you guys just don’t like to pronounce things as they are spelled?

What was that about having an English degree? If you really have one, then you know that English (whether it's British or American) is just about the worst language when it comes to phonetics. No consistency whatsoever when it comes to vowels.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Looks to see if his name is on the list. It's not. *Phew*

A few seconds later...

Realizes the word "can't" was used, now Dulfite squints his eyes in suspicion...



RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

I do have an English degree though...🤔. There are differences between American and British English though... not too familiar with all the british stuff, maybe you guys just don’t like to pronounce things as they are spelled?

What was that about having an English degree? If you really have one, then you know that English (whether it's British or American) is just about the worst language when it comes to phonetics. No consistency whatsoever when it comes to vowels.

Can confirm. The language we speak is so confusing when you think about it. I just realized the other day, you know the rule about a or an before a letter? I always heard you do it before vowels, but when I didn't know what you do it before a heard vowel, not a spelled one. For example:

A xylophone. You say a because the x is pronounced without the EX sound.

An X-Ray. You say an because the x sounds like EX.

WHAT KIND OF NONSENSE IS THIS LOL



Ka-pi96 said:
Is the double negative intentional?

It is. It doesn't let you see whichever his stance is. 



RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

I do have an English degree though...🤔. There are differences between American and British English though... not too familiar with all the british stuff, maybe you guys just don’t like to pronounce things as they are spelled?

What was that about having an English degree? If you really have one, then you know that English (whether it's British or American) is just about the worst language when it comes to phonetics. No consistency whatsoever when it comes to vowels.

Hey now, I can be selective with my arguments just like everybody else on the Internet!😜