By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:
"Well... I never liked Fallout and The Elder Scrolls anyway... or DOOM... or Wolfenstein... pffh!"

That's something I would say. Feel free to look up the achievements on my Nintendo account.

ah thats why talonman despises you, for not playing Skyrim on the switch together with him

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Baddman said:
I just wanna know when is Skyrim coming to gamepass?

Wait it's not on there already? I'm pretty sure I have it for my Interactive Samsung Fridge. :P

Hmm, pie.

So when can we expect a Halo X Doom game?

Microsoft in Gen 7: Super aggressive and spending lots of cash
Microsoft in Gen 8: Not aggressive and apears to mostly give up mid gen

I was wondering which version of Microsoft we would get for Generation 9.  I guess I now have my answer.

sales2099 said:

You will be dragged kicking and screaming to the Xbox brand, but I guarantee you once you settle in you will find we take care of our own. You will play more games and spend less money doing so, with plenty consumer friendly options. 

So we spent less money and the industry is better for it? Doesn't sound right. Sounds like more people out of work (but it's fine, some board members at ZeniMax just got a payday).

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
hinch said:

They real question is: do we have better chances for Doomguy to appear in Smash? 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

trunkswd said:
hinch said:

Nintendo has Samsh Bros. and Microsoft does the same crossover idea but it is a multiplayer shooter. Halo vs Gears vs Doom vs Perfect Dark vs ???

Yes.

I would buy those games xD But seriously I wouldn't be surprised if we see Doomguy in Infinite as a DLC costume.

goopy20 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
LOL so now we are saying that when Sony strikes these deals, money isn’t involved. They are just “leveraging their user base advantage”. No way.

Anyways, I still don’t believe this is true. What a massive deal.

Me: man Deathloop looks great, wonder how long Sony paid to keep it off of Xbox

Papa Phil: hold my beer

This goes beyond moneyhatting a couple of timed exclusives lol. Like I've been saying for months, Xcloud isn't just some cool optional bonus, it's MS's endgame. This just shows how serious they are about it.

Put on your tinfoil hat and bear with me for a second. At the moment GP has 15m subscribers. I'm guessing most of those subscribers are cheap ass bastards like me, who sign up for a month, play Gears 4/5 and cancel until some new noteworthy games get released. This is why GP is already bleeding money, let alone after a 7.5B acquisition like this.

15m Subscribers is peanuts in the grand scheme of things and I'm sure MS knows they are not going to get a big enough installbase of Series X/S to carry the GP platform. The only way GP can turn profitable is if they can tap into the billions of mobile gamers and massively expand their audience. This is one helluva gamble if you ask me. Are the bulk of the mobile gamers - who never even owned a console - really going to buy and walk around with a Xbox controller and play core games on their phones? Will the total number of gamers really grow exponentially if we don't need to buy consoles anymore and we can all stream games from an app on our TV's? I just don't see that happening at all. What MS seems to be missing is that not everybody with a phone or a TV is a gamer and gamers don't care about Cloud gaming. 

We'll see how this plays out but I honestly see MS releasing GP on ps5/ Switch later on. It would be a win-win for everybody when you think about it, especially for MS shareholders.

Xcloud is whatever we the consumer say it is. If it’s adopted by the tens of millions then that changes things. If it remains a niche option then MS will recognize that too. As for now, it’s an option, something extra. 

I can see Game Pass coming to Nintendo as they have a great relationship but they aren’t a direct competitor either. I don’t think Sony will ever allow GP even if MS wants to. 

You realize people will still buy games outright? Game Pass isn’t alone in generating profit for Xbox. Steam and the PC space in general will also go a ways to making up the difference. Remember this isn’t PlayStation where all games are only available on one console. Xbox revenue streams come from several places to overall generate profit. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Microsoft should have bought Nintendo, it would be a cool thing. They are getting closer to that, though.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850