Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox acquires Bethesda

Hiku said:

I think the only Bethesda game I play is ironically also one of the few games I play on PC, namely Elder Scrolls.
Gotta have those mods.

I can live without Fallout - Fallout 4 is the only one in that series I actually liked, the rest were too clunky for me (Good games but not for me) - but Elder Scrolls is a game that MUST come out for PS5. (not really, I just really hope so). Skyrim is one of my top-10 games of all time, over 1200 hours between all systems. 

I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Runa216 said:

You don't think getting stuff like Final Fantasy XVI and DeathLoop and various other third-party exclusives temporarily PS exclusive is moneyhatting? It totally is, and that's a win for Sony. Just like it was a win when Microsoft kept getting Exclusive Skyrim content first and Call of Duty online shit first. IT's a legitimate strategy! 

I think it is a deal. The deal doesn't involve money though. Otherwise Microsoft would crush them each and every time.

I have no problem with people doing it, I just don't think it is as simple as money.

Sony most likely leveraged their popularity or userbase.

hey yo we got 50 million more units sold compared to MS you better release on our system first for a year

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

This might BE a really good thing for everyone in the end or this might BE a nightmare for everyone.
I can see some of the studios closed by microsoft If their titles continue to bomb like arkane.
Lets BE real, zenimax was a câncer fucking devs left and right, Bethesda been fucking consumers left and right, they became a fucking joke this gen. Releasing a bad sequel fallout 4 and a turd in fallout 77, their engine is shit , the games released all broken as fuck, etc etc
They might Change things for the better but i can see them destroying a lot of studios doing What they done to Lionhead , milking dry these IPS like they done to fable.
Games Will probably end up in ps5 still, their big gun is game pass, play these games for 10euros while pay 80 euros for each game on Sony.

You know What its funny , Sony might vê the reason they bought them, There was rumours saying Sony was trying to buy them and that might have triggered Microsoft to just do it themselfs with their deep pockets.

hinch said:

I'm always PC first and seeing all these IP's that I have love (Doom, TES, Prey) getting swallowed up by a huge company never-mind Microsoft is just well, shit.

But yeah it doesn't really affect me lol. And I will never cheerlead for these corporate decisions, warriors gonna warrior anyway :P

Yeah, if you have a good PC you get virtually everything, eventually. and with Steam Sales...well, I bet literally every PC gamer has a backlog over 100 games. 

But with me, I tried to avoid the console wars all last generation. I owned both a PS4 and XBO within a year of launch, and despite having both consoles I literally used the Xbox more to update the firmware than play games on it. I played more Zelda: Breath of the Wild in the first week of having it than I did the Xbox One in its entire 7-year run without a word of exaggeration. I didn't care about the console wars because I was on both sides, if the Xbox got an exclusive like Rare Replay or Sunset Overdrive, I could play them and not care. It just so happened to be that the console only ever got like 5 or 6 games that I actually cared about in 7 years that I didn't get on other consoles. I liked Gears 4 and 5, I liked Sunset Overdrive and Rare Replay, and the MasterChief Collection/Halo 5 were both alright even if I never cared much for Halo. but that's basically it. I got Cuphead and The Ori games on Switch. simple as that. That's it for the entire duration of the console's life cycle, so it got next to no play. 

So going into Gen 9, I knew what console I'd be getting first, maybe only. Xbox hasn't impressed me for this long and my marketplace is slow so I am pretty short on funds; as a result I have to make a choice. this generation I CAN'T afford both and I can't justify getting a 700+ dollar console for a handful of games. I could when I got the Xbox One, I can't now. (That is, assuming these bethesda games are going to be Xbox Exclusive going forward). 

As a result, I feel the console war stirring within me! When I see my 'team' winning, I cheer. when the other team scores a goal, I boo. This is me booing. I'm honest enough with myself to admit that. The second I can afford an Xbox Series X or have enough disposable income to do so, I'll stop caring again because I win either way. Until that happens, I'm on a team and I hope that team wins because then I win through proximity by getting great games. 

I got it all, baby! 

Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

Runa216 said:
Hiku said:

I think the only Bethesda game I play is ironically also one of the few games I play on PC, namely Elder Scrolls.
Gotta have those mods.

I can live without Fallout - Fallout 4 is the only one in that series I actually liked, the rest were too clunky for me (Good games but not for me) - but Elder Scrolls is a game that MUST come out for PS5. (not really, I just really hope so). Skyrim is one of my top-10 games of all time, over 1200 hours between all systems. 

Yeah, Skyrim or Elder Scroll series is the one that i am afraid to lose as well. I can live without Fallout and the rest, but Skyrim is very big for me.  I might playing it on pC (even tho i will not upgrade for a couple year down the road )

Around the Network

Big news. This is a bold move by Microsoft to make Bethesda titles exclusive or timed exclusive to Xbox and Windows. I'm trying to imagine PS5 without Elder Scrolls VI. But it's a real possibility.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

PS4: 130 mil (was 100 million) Xbox One: 55 mil (was 50 mil) Switch: 110 million (was 73, then 96 million)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

HollyGamer said:
Runa216 said:

Yeah, Skyrim or Elder Scroll series is the one that i am afraid to lose as well. I can live without Fallout and the rest, but Skyrim is very big for me.  I might playing it on pC (even tho i will not upgrade for a couple year down the road )

I get the impression that Elder Scrolls VI will be multiplatform but everything beyond that will be Xbox/PC only. 

This is why I kinda sorta wish Microsoft would just bail on console manufacture. Imagine how much more money they'd make if they...offered services on PC and PS5? No hardware manufacture, just services. They have a handful of good IP and Bethesda's additions are a handful more, but it's not enough to justify a console purchase in my opinion. 

I got it all, baby! 

Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 

As long as elder scroll 6 gets released on ps5 I am good. I dont care about their other ips. And from the look of it, we might see the next elder scroll on ps6.

ironmanDX said:
Barkley said:

So Microsoft are about to release a timed exclusive on PS5 in the form of deathloop. Nice!

Lmao. That's a great point. The deal has been signed. 

This is indeed hilarious :)

Intrinsic said:
And this right here folks... is what you all should have really been afraid of when MS started their whole gamepas thing.

This is how you make a service like that viable. You acquire studios. An what would this mak sony do in turn? They would acquire some studies of their own to.

This is going to result in heavy consolidation.Lol... pro-consumer. How people didn't see stuff like this coming is beyond me.

MS is competing the only way they can, just simply buying the market lol.

Who’s afraid? I’m pretty happy. This is what happens when legions of haters poke fun at a trillion dollar company. If you gotta change your reputation, you gotta go BIG. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.