By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport?

I recently got myself a PS4 for the exclusives and I had to get Gran Turismo since racing is my fav genre. I expected something different since it has SPORT in the title? But turns out it's the same old GT that's on the PS3 with the same dull driving and poor sense of speed and lifeless drones for opponents. Even the grafix are the same as in the PS3 games, really there's not much upgrade at all. I hope they don't name the next GT EXTREME and make a carbon copy of the previous games again.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Sense of speed is amazing from cockpit view in GT Sport and the driving in various car classes and even tweaks in the same car can be felt easily. And that is using a controller.

When it concerns graphics some environments don't look that special but in 4K / HDR it is amazing. And if you would do a side by side comparison with GT5 you can easily see the differences.

AI is also much better that the GT5 one.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

not sure what you are on about, GT is in its core allways the same just much more prettier, what kind of TV are you using?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Well for starters, the next GT game is called GT7 and if Sim isnt your thing, you should scrap Sim racers altogether and pick up Forza horizon 4, its by far the best car racing game ever made. It got me into car racers and i am just not a fan of the genre. Unless its Mario Kart.

kirby007 said:
what kind of TV are you using?

Monitor 32 inch 1440p 75 hertz IPS panel.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

I swear the graphical upgrade is minimal because I played GT5 not long ago, this year, and it's easy for me to compare these two games. They obviously used the same engine, mostly just upped the rezolution.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Well you got everything wrong. But just to satisfy your need to know, the Sport in the name was because this title was focused to be an e-sport title.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ohh right that's why it had that stupid intro, good thing you can disable it.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

m0ney said:

Ohh right that's why it had that stupid intro, good thing you can disable it.

I'm an Xbox fan and I haven't played a GT game since GT3 A Spec on PS2 but it kinda feels like you're going out of your way to hate on Gran Turismo. Maybe all of your gripes are legit. I don't know. Just the tone seems abrasive.

You got it all wrong, but gives me chance to post some of my videos :)

Bathurst

Sarthe

The Nordschleife

Dragon Trail: Seaside

Brand's hatch PSVR

Mount Panorama PSVR

Ferrari 330 P4 PSVR detailed look

Jaguar XJ13 PSVR detailed look

Total PS3 game :)

It looks glorious as well in HDR, especially at night and in the rain. Unfortunately I have no idea how to capture that on video. Anything captured in HDR looks like ass.