By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SWITCH sales in 2021 : 45 million

With the condition the Switch Phone (4k) drops in okt 2021.

Covid round 3/4 in spring 2021.

Not a condition for my sales prediction but hold on to you hats it will feature BOTW2, MP4 and diddy kong racing 2 as launch titles

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Too conservative.

MP4? I don’t think video playback is going to do much for Switch.

Impossible, the Switch already sold 62 million, it cannot sell less 1 year later

SKMBlake said:
Impossible, the Switch already sold 62 million, it cannot sell less 1 year later

Dunno if you trolling, but this guy was said Nintendo can sell in year 2021, 45M more of Nintendo Switch with the model "pro".

Around the Network

The analysts and insiders are always close, but wrong on the details. Yesterday's direct for example. Yes, there was a direct, but no it had nothing from Nintendo in it. My theory is that new hardware is coming, but I do not think it is a switch pro. Why? Nintendo has never cared about graphics or power and so a pro model just doesn't seem like something they would care to do.

Rather, I think we will get a Nintendo mobile phone. Nintendo hasn't been releasing mobile games as often as they planned, despite mobile games having faster development times. So I think they have stockpiling mobile games for something. Additionally, it could potentially play switch games as well as their mobile titles. This seems like the perfect time for any company to release a phone for gaming with the apple and epic drama currently going on over the ridiculous 30% "apple tax" on games. This same tax costs Nintendo billions of dollars, which could motivate them to have their own phone and app store and even a service people can subscribe to for access to NES or Gameboy games on their phone. 

Dyotropic said:

The analysts and insiders are always close, but wrong on the details. Yesterday's direct for example. Yes, there was a direct, but no it had nothing from Nintendo in it. My theory is that new hardware is coming, but I do not think it is a switch pro. Why? Nintendo has never cared about graphics or power and so a pro model just doesn't seem like something they would care to do.

Rather, I think we will get a Nintendo mobile phone. Nintendo hasn't been releasing mobile games as often as they planned, despite mobile games having faster development times. So I think they have stockpiling mobile games for something. Additionally, it could potentially play switch games as well as their mobile titles. This seems like the perfect time for any company to release a phone for gaming with the apple and epic drama currently going on over the ridiculous 30% "apple tax" on games. This same tax costs Nintendo billions of dollars, which could motivate them to have their own phone and app store and even a service people can subscribe to for access to NES or Gameboy games on their phone. 

Would Nintendo receive a cut from gaming companies releasing on their device? If so, how much?

They'd have to make their own OS if they don't want to use Android's Play Market, right?

Dulfite said:
Dyotropic said:

Would Nintendo receive a cut from gaming companies releasing on their device? If so, how much?

They'd have to make their own OS if they don't want to use Android's Play Market, right?

Yes. The would have to make their own OS, but Nintendo is entirely capable of doing this. I think they could charge either a flat % or adapt a model similar to the xbox game pass. It's really clear that publishers are unhappy with the 30% cut that apple and steam currently take, which means change is likely coming to the financials of the gaming industry. With new games potentially costing $70, the xbox game pass becomes an even better deal for the consumer. 

Last edited by Dyotropic - on 27 August 2020

Dyotropic said:
Dulfite said:

Yes. The would have to make their own OS, but Nintendo is entirely capable of doing this. I think they could charge either a flat % or adapt a model similar to the xbox game pass. It's really clear that publishers are unhappy with the 30% cut that apple and steam currently take, which means change is likely coming to the financials of the gaming industry. With new games potentially costing $70, the xbox game pass becomes an even better deal for the consumer. 

So the cut they would take something less than what Apple does, but still something. Hmm. I wonder how much less they'd have to take in order to convince developers to make their game work on Nintenphone.

i would like to say @tbone51 stole my idea

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.