By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SWITCH sales in 2021 : 45 million

Dyotropic said:

The analysts and insiders are always close, but wrong on the details. Yesterday's direct for example. Yes, there was a direct, but no it had nothing from Nintendo in it. My theory is that new hardware is coming, but I do not think it is a switch pro. Why? Nintendo has never cared about graphics or power and so a pro model just doesn't seem like something they would care to do.

Rather, I think we will get a Nintendo mobile phone. Nintendo hasn't been releasing mobile games as often as they planned, despite mobile games having faster development times. So I think they have stockpiling mobile games for something. Additionally, it could potentially play switch games as well as their mobile titles. This seems like the perfect time for any company to release a phone for gaming with the apple and epic drama currently going on over the ridiculous 30% "apple tax" on games. This same tax costs Nintendo billions of dollars, which could motivate them to have their own phone and app store and even a service people can subscribe to for access to NES or Gameboy games on their phone. 

This is just dumb.

yes new hardware is coming, an upgraded Switch. Nintendo always releases upgraded versions of their handhelds, where have you been for the last 25 years?

No nintendo is not going to suddenly start trying to focus on phones, a market they've barely even stepped into with games, especially when they have just about the hottest system ever to focus on. This is just so dumb. What you're describing: mobile device that can play Nintendo games and doesn't have a 30% fee to pay to anyone else and has a service to play older games...this literally already exists, it is called the Nintendo Switch.

This is almost as dumb as Patcher saying Nintendo should abandon the hybrid and stick to the Lite. Actually this may be dumber.