By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - It's snowing in Brazil

John2290 said:
Yeah, there has been a lot of snow in odd places this year but not surprising, it's solar minimum and I can't find anything on Google but I'd have to assume there was volcanic activity recently which would cause this snow.

I've experience with this, In the winter of 2010 and then again in 2011 two Icelandic volcanoes erupted causing ash for months, during the last solar minimum and causing the coldest tempretures I've ever experienced at about 15 degrees celcius colder than we would get in the most extreme winters. I nearly died in 2010's winter cause it went to -22 for consecutive nights and the convection heaters in my apartment couldn't even get luke warm air going, I got this massive fever one night and started sweating buckets and ended waking up the next day, naked and hazy after getting massively euphoric and completely gone in the head but thankfully in my delerium i had the sense to seal myself in the small hallway and aim a hair dryer at myself with no memory of doing it.

Did Brazil or a surrounding country recently have volcanic activity? I remember they had one in 2010 or 2011 also which caused really bad winters in the south hemisphere or maybe it was snowing in South Africa in the summer cause of it, I can't quite remember now. Anyway, this shit happens, it's not new but people act like it is every time, it's cyclical, some cycles are worse than other and there will always be that freak occurrence here and there like those times it rains fish.

it was chile or argentina if i'm not wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I always find it interesting when we get snow at times when we shouldn't. And some times we don't get snow when we should.
Last year it suddenly started snowing in May. First time I've seen that here in Sweden.

DonFerrari said:
Yep it happens from time to time... and we will see people using it to prove there is no global warming.

The hot gets hotter, and the cold gets colder. That's the consequence of the polar caps melting, etc.

And that can very well wind up giving us an ice age.

DonFerrari said:
Yep it happens from time to time... and we will see people using it to prove there is no global warming.

And when you tell people that snow is a part of global warmung, they lose their minds

DonFerrari said:

And when you tell people that snow is a part of global warmung, they lose their minds

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Lots of people knows Brazil as a tropical country with hot temperatures, but we just got hit with a intense winter. And in some parts of the country, it's snowing.

The video above is from Rio Grande do Sul, the southernmost state in Brazil. Today the TV news are talking about cold temperatures and possibility of more snow and frozen rains.

Unfortunately, they discarded the odds of snowing in Sao Paulo, my state. Too bad, I really want to see the snow. It's going to be very cold, though.

Hardly surprising. Florianopolis has mountains that get covered in snow almost yearly.