By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix "Marvel Avengers" PC Beta datamine character leaks

Announced Playable Characters:

-
Captain America
- Iron-Man
- Thor
- Hulk
- Black Widow
- Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)
- Hawk Eye
-
Spider-Man (PlayStation Exclusive)

Unannounced Playable Characters:

- Ant Man
- Wasp
- Vision
- Black Panther
- Dr. Strange
- Falcon
- Mar-Vell
- Mockingbird
- Quake
- Winter Soldier
- Scarlet Witch
- Captain Marvel
- Kate Bishop
- She-Hulk
- War Machine

Other Character Mentions:

- Frenzy
- Ultron
- Red Hulk
- Deathlok
- Vindicator
- Taskmaster
- Monica Rambeau

https://pastebin.com/BnpiFKns

Despite the mixed feedback the game has. This line up is pure hype. It's got a lot of MCU fan favorites and I love how it's combining both from the movies and canon TV shows. I know who I will be maining (The Destroy of Worlds of course)! Who are you the most hyped to play as?

Around the Network

So you’re saying all of these males are PC-Betas now?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

axumblade said:

So no X-Men. I'm okay with that considering it is an Avengers game but I wonder if they will join the game down the road considering a lot of them have also been Avengers (Beast, Rogue, Storm, Cannonball, Wolverine, etc)

Edit: Frenzy is a mutant but she might be a villain in the game. 

Honestly, I'd rather them keep X-Men out of this. It's been a while since X-Men have really been featured in a game (UA3 is the only one they've been in recently) since Marvel was on a mission to make the franchise unpopular enough that Fox would sell the rights. Which now is no longer an issue... But, if they keep X-Men out of this, it will make the eventual X-Men game they show up in feel more exciting.

Personally feel a lot of these characters feel like reskins of ones on the list already. Carol Danvers, is there, so we get Captain Marvel. Hulk is there so we get She-hulk and Red Hulk. Hawkeye so we get Kate Bishop, Cap so we get Bucky. If they end up adding Bet-Ray or Thunderstrike, you know they are just reskinning characters. :P

But alas, not like they are going to add Jack of Hearts, Triathlon or Justice and Firestar are they really?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Personally feel a lot of these characters feel like reskins of ones on the list already. Carol Danvers, is there, so we get Captain Marvel. Hulk is there so we get She-hulk and Red Hulk. Hawkeye so we get Kate Bishop, Cap so we get Bucky. If they end up adding Bet-Ray or Thunderstrike, you know they are just reskinning characters. :P

But alas, not like they are going to add Jack of Hearts, Triathlon or Justice and Firestar are they really?

Most of this will be paid DLC most likely... and nobody is paying to play as Jack of Hearts XD

Around the Network

So let me get this straight. The new Avengers game you play as basically the stunt doubles of the MCU. When you pick Thor or Hulk. You still fight normal human dudes with guns and it takes 3-4 hits to take them down. WHAT?! You shitting me?! Anyone else not seeing the problem? Hulk and Thor should punch them to a mist of blood in one hit. Into atoms. Maybe they are holding back...THEN WHY ARE THEY PUTTING SO MUCH EFFORT IN THE ANIMATION?! See in MUA3 they are fighting mutants. Robots. Spawns from Hell. Aliens. Shit, you can believe that oh I dunno, seems plausible to take effort for them to fight! I mean fuck this POS for being Gaas and AAA greed but even if it was not. For this reason alone this game is stupid. If they can't even get a basic immersion down then this game is just not good.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

i think the game is semi decent,
but staying with one character in a coop section kinda gets boring!
the main story san fransico where u swap characters from time to time feels very refreshing!
the quality and execution is there but it lacks a bit of finesse!

Why do super heroes need loot?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

They can have all the Marvel characters they want, the gameplay still looks lackluster and monotone. They need to fix the gameplay loop first.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

JWeinCom said:
The Fury said:

Most of this will be paid DLC most likely... and nobody is paying to play as Jack of Hearts XD

I think a lot of these will be already included in the game and unlocked later on during the story. Within the Beta there is a containment module that allegedly has Quake locked up in it. Allegedly because it has her name written on the outside of it along with a lot of other InHuman. Yes, she is a mutant in the comics. Though she is an InHuman in the MCU and her MCU ex-boyfriend Lincoln was in the trailer. Both Alisha was shown and Donnie Gill (Blizzard) was mentioned.

The speculation is AIM is collecting the InHumans which likely has MODOK's involvement. What is interesting is that Jed Whedon recently confirmed the other day that this is a cut story line from the MCU.

Also I do agree that many of these are echo fighters. Black Widow/Mocking Bird would be the same (hell they use the same load out pretty much). Clint and Kate would be the same as you mentioned. Wanda and Strange is similar. Daisy is likely a mix of Wanda and Natasha.  I'm sure that a lot of them will be unique but also carry over similar move sets. I'm okay with it, as with it being a game based on the Marvel IP. Being able to play as your favorite hero is a major selling point and choice. I'm glad it's not just the core Avengers. I just hope that it's polished.

Leynos said:

So let me get this straight. The new Avengers game you play as basically the stunt doubles of the MCU. When you pick Thor or Hulk. You still fight normal human dudes with guns and it takes 3-4 hits to take them down. WHAT?! You shitting me?! Anyone else not seeing the problem? Hulk and Thor should punch them to a mist of blood in one hit. Into atoms. Maybe they are holding back...THEN WHY ARE THEY PUTTING SO MUCH EFFORT IN THE ANIMATION?! See in MUA3 they are fighting mutants. Robots. Spawns from Hell. Aliens. Shit, you can believe that oh I dunno, seems plausible to take effort for them to fight! I mean fuck this POS for being Gaas and AAA greed but even if it was not. For this reason alone this game is stupid. If they can't even get a basic immersion down then this game is just not good.

The stunt double thing is a little odd. Though if we are lucky we might see Chloe Bennet reprise her role since she's done voice work for her character in video games and cartoons in the past. The power level thing is something people tend to be complaining about. One of my friends refuses to buy the game because of it.... though lets be real.... This game has top tiers like Thor, Doctor Strange, Quake, and Scarlet Witch. Yet also features Falcon, Hawkeye, Bucky and the lot. I think this is an answer to your question. Game play balancing is important to the design of the game. Otherwise no one would play any street level heroes if you can just level a city block or AoE a star fleet in one blast. 

Leynos said:
Why do super heroes need loot?

It's what we're fighting for.

Last edited by Airaku - on 17 August 2020