By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A Message To Our Xbox Community...

CGI-Quality said:
RolStoppable said:

Regarding your concern, I don't think there's a need to worry. This thread's purpose is first and foremost a feel-good-thread that is unlikely to result in substantial changes for an extended period of time. So take it easy.

If it was just a feel good thread, you wouldn’t be in it. :)

:)

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network

man the love between the two of you could solve the consolewar

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

Eh, Rol simply loves himself. All else is left or right. 🌝

kirby007 said:

If he promotes you and me to moderators, yes. Absolutely yes.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:

im still busy convincing @TalonMan to add full mod powers into the league admin rank

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
RolStoppable said:

im still busy convincing @TalonMan to add full mod powers into the league admin rank

Sounds similar to my story. I couldn't convince @TruckOSaurus either.

RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:

Sounds similar to my story. I couldn't convince @TruckOSaurus either.

Personally I dont think the fact I permabanned talon in the PL helps :)

even if that means im stepping into Stofs legacy

tag.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

CGI-Quality said:

I hear you! We hear you! Considering the smaller size and scope of our Xbox users here (and partially due to the position of Xbox's market-share), it already leads to lower traffic and topics dedicated to this sector of VGC. But, I admit one of the failures I have been involved in is not doing enough to ensure this can be a comfortable space for you to enjoy here. 

Well, that ends today.

I've had a few discussions about this recently (with mods and users) and they have expressed a major concern for this side of our community. Admittedly, Nintendo and Sony threads and topics are safer spaces and the Xbox side of things should be just as.

What are we going to do? More patrols of Xbox topics. Full stop. Anyone can participate, but be honest and know where your allegiances lie. As with all threads, if a topic doesn't interest you, then do not participate. That way, it causes you no grief, fans of the thread no grief, and things will glide along more peacefully. Naturally, topics deviate from their original source material (and much of the time, if things are civil, this is no big deal), but that needs to be the extent of it. If you have no interest in, Fable, let's say, then you have no reason to jump into a Fable thread to express this. Not looking forward to Halo Infinite? No problem. Let those that are be and do not attack it because your plastic box is the one you prefer. The patrols are just one of a few things we will do to help this situation!

Now, you are allowed to have preferences, obviously. We all have them and that is totally fine. Just please be smart with what topics you choose to join. Sometimes, people want to take a break from their crazy lives and have a good time checking in on things with their favorite brand. That isn't a crime and shouldn't be treated as a moment to 'crap on someone's preference because it isn't one you share'. Be bigger than that!

So, this is another thread that Xbox users can treat as a safe space, particularly for feedback on Xbox topics (though, of course, be mindful of forum rules and etiquette no matter). I'm not going to threaten anyone with any action here, but please remember the deal. If it isn't your cup of tea, see it and move along. 

*Note - The Empire Thread can still be what you use for general Xbox talk. We'll specifically use this as a platform for Xbox fans to come talk with us and give feedback on Xbox-related topics.

Thanks everyone for just giving it some thought. From your Mod Team!

Great work CGI and the rest of the Mod team. This is some great steps in the right direction.

RolStoppable said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm very happy to see you guys addressing this issue. I know I personally felt that the mod team's attitude towards the Xbox fanbase was questionable for most of my 7 years on VGC. The things I saw certain users of other fanbases get away with in regards to trolling and baiting Xbox fans, while certain Xbox fans seemed to get banned for alot less, had me rolling my eyes a great many times over the years, but I kept my mouth shut about it because it often seemed like questioning the mod team was a good way to get yourself banned. (...)

Those were the days. I was at the top of my game, poked all the green bears with a stick and then reported them for the smallest of things to get them banned.

Ah, good times...

Ah we will get you back to the top of your game again Rol, just need a bigger xbox userbase first :-/.