By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple removes Fortnite from app store, cant connect to servers. Epic Games Sues.

So Switch is now the only way to play Fortnite otg?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Even more evidence of coordinated behavior and thus a cartel.

I am going to side with Apple on this one. There is a discussion to be had if the 30% is fair or not, but burling Apple cut completely, on a platform they foster and develops, is simply wrong.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Google is like, ya know what. I also want that 30%

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

RolStoppable said:
Pyro as Bill said:
So Switch is now the only way to play Fortnite otg?

No, Android allows other digital storefronts to co-exist with Google Play, so Fortnite can still be installed and played on the majority of phones and tablets.

Of course. Still, a lot of kids won't know how or be allowed to install 3rd party stuff.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

This whole campaign and the follow up FN "1984" trailer has got to be the most pretentious, most childish shit I have ever seen. I've not seen this kind of cringe and IP abuse since the old days of Sega vs Nintendo, but even then they were simply jousting with ads, while this is literally one company defaming another, while actively trying to weaponize their entire audience to fight on their behalf.

Imagine being a billionaire CEO, who is not only out of touch with reality, but also makes a mockery of themselves on social media, throwing a hissy fit because every company in the world does not adhere to your childish prattling demands, and because they don't, you then seek to warp your own products, weaponize your own audience to basically dismantle another company, because it don't give you shit for free, or at a price you want it to be at.

The market doesn't fucking work that way Tim, this isn't how any of it works. You don't just get to be born into this world and demand every fucking market adhere to your visions, that's just batshit asinine, arrogant and petulant to boot. Yeah Apple is just as shitty at what they pull, but we're talking about you pulling this shit with everyone, from Apple, Google, Microsoft, Steam and more. You cite anyone that doesn't adhere to your demands as a "monopoly", because they aren't playing by your childish rules, and how they aren't giving you more money or more control, while you not only own the gaming industry's most widely used engine, but you also own a storefront, develop software tech for gaming and movie industry use, and running your own network and now recently, your own games publishing firm. 

You're not some small "oh woe is me, the poor defenceless underdog" company that you try to pass yourself off as, fuck off with that act. Anyone who believes they are some small fish in a large pond need a dose of reality checks. These are two shitty companies duking it out to see who gets to demand what the other company does. I'd rather see them both eat each other alive and suffer great deals of PR and financial damage, because only then would a blow big enough, cause those two to shut the fuck up and sort their own shit out.

I'm just so tired, so god damn tired of watching an old ass CEO acting like such a petulant child, and trying to act like he's the good guy in all of this, and people actually lapping up that garbage for breakfast and taking it as gospel.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

They also love harvesting your data to the highest bidder.

Captain_Yuri said:

They already tried to take a stab at Google, but they never took them on with a court case like this. Some are suggesting they should have taken Google on this way first, with a possible win making it easier to then take on Apple, but imo, they would have lost regardless.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Just saw that #FreeFortnite video LOL. Epic is on point with trying to turn this into some social media outrage trend.

Pyro as Bill said:
RolStoppable said:

No, Android allows other digital storefronts to co-exist with Google Play, so Fortnite can still be installed and played on the majority of phones and tablets.

Of course. Still, a lot of kids won't know how or be allowed to install 3rd party stuff.

I think you are underestimating kids or overestimating how complicated it is to get to other stores/download .apks from other sources on android - it's pretty simple