By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple removes Fortnite from app store, cant connect to servers. Epic Games Sues.

Epic will lose, why people defending them is funny. Not their software, not their store. Buy crummy Android if you have a problem.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Apple has enough money to afford good lawyers and win a reasonable case for them.

Google probably happy they dont have this issue.
And if Apple wins, it might mean they damage their brand abit.
Ei. users next phones could be androids.

Apple loses even if they win.
This isnt a great look for them, comeing right ontop of the backlash from gamepass also not being allowed.

Random_Matt said:
Epic will lose, why people defending them is funny. Not their software, not their store. Buy crummy Android if you have a problem.

Fortnite is their software, the in-game sales are in their store... And that is why apple is pissed, because they aren`t using apple store to give money to apple for something apple didn`t do. Just like government and taxes, they just think they are entitled to a cut of your pay for reasons.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Random_Matt said:

Maybe... the phone if bought is urs though.
When you bought it, you assumed it could do certain things.

Whos to say that apple users, never antisipated that they could run into a issue like this?
(ei. their favorite game being removed by apple, because of greed)

This could be the first lawsuit of many.
What do they call those? class action lawsuits? apple could probably face one of those if it beats epics, by phone owners.

DonFerrari said:
Random_Matt said:

Fortnite is their software, the in-game sales are in their store... And that is why apple is pissed, because they aren`t using apple store to give money to apple for something apple didn`t do. Just like government and taxes, they just think they are entitled to a cut of your pay for reasons.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clearing up.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
JRPGfan said:

Google probably happy they dont have this issue.
And if Apple wins, it might mean they damage their brand abit.
Ei. users next phones could be androids.

Apple loses even if they win.
This isnt a great look for them, comeing right ontop of the backlash from gamepass also not being allowed.

How would that damage Apple's brand? The people who play Fortnite will pay the same amount for microtransactions as they did before if Apple wins the case.

I think they actually lowered the ingame prices on the microtransactions (ei. passed on the saveings, they wouldnt be paying apple, onto the end users).

Also, its not a matter of "they will pay the same as before".
Its now a matter of, "I cannot play fornite on my phone anymore" for iphone users (apple removed it from store, and made it so it cannot connect to servers).

Random_Matt said:
DonFerrari said:

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clearing up.

Apple banned fortnite for it making a change to their sw for allow purchase inside the game and that way apple wouldn`t get a cut. But apple dressed it as if they were protecting users.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

kirby007 said:
can you imagine when you first install your phone they ask which store app do you want to download?

this just blew my mind.

Google is like.... we have a store, I wonder if apple (iphone) users would want to be able to use it?

Other developers are also having issues with Apple's nonsense.

Here's an example from Linus Tech Tips on their experience.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

RolStoppable said:
JRPGfan said:

I think they actually lowered the ingame prices on the microtransactions (ei. passed on the saveings, they wouldnt be paying apple, onto the end users).

Also, its not a matter of "they will pay the same as before".
Its now a matter of, "I cannot play fornite on my phone anymore" for iphone users (apple removed it from store, and made it so it cannot connect to servers).

If they lowered the prices of the microtransactions, then that's just a temporary sale to garner mindshare. Once Epic has succeeded in breaking free from royalty fees, they are bound to return the prices to their original values.

This entire situation is caused by Epic's deliberate breach of contract, but Epic is doing what they can to frame it as the fault of Apple. Why? Because Epic wants more money.

Yes, motivated by money.
So is apple btw.

This doesnt mean that Epic Games doesnt have a case though.

"can you imagine when you first install your phone they ask which store app do you want to download?" - Kirby

Can you imagine that?
Google probably wants to join on a anti trust case against apple.

Remember computers and windows?
They used to ship only with windows Internet Browser, until they were forced to give people options and treat them the as equals.
Now people can use FireFox, Chrome ect.

This is that,... .but instead of a computer, its now a phone, and stores/software.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 13 August 2020