By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 controller battery leaked

Hiku said:
Shadow1980 said:

Maybe I just need to invest in a longer cord. Do good-quality USB cords compatible with PlayStation controllers come in 20-foot/6-meter length?

I don't know about good quality, but I picked up a cheap $2 USB extension cord I spotted at the store the day after I bought my PS4, and it works as intended. It's about 5 meters, and I always use it to charge the controller, usually while I'm playing.

I'd highly recommend it.

That is a very good price.

drkohler said:
Zkuq said:

I'm shamefully bad with electricity, but doesn't higher voltage mean the battery is capable of discharging more quickly, i.e. it can empty more quickly? If so, wouldn't actual battery life increase be more along the lines of 'just' 37 %?

No. Higher voltage means there is something new inside the DualSense that requires a higher voltage to operate reliably than some stuff inside the old controller. It doesn't say anything about the mA required for this (though rumours have it that haptics requires less mA than rumble).

Any discussion about "How much longer will the DualSense last" is pointless as there is no information (yet) about power draw.

Would also mean that if the power draw is similar then it having higher tension would need less current, so less consumption of the battery as well. Just like same electric tool in 220V draw less current than 110V for the same power (and sure your energy consumption would basically still be the same, but on a battery that would mean higher charge).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Hey man, couldn't you just have saved some money bying the rubber for the analog? I have one weared off here that my son use, have seem these rubbers for sale but haven`t bought and replaced it myself to see how good they are.

I've tried the thumb silicon covers and they make the controller much worse.They make the sticks too tall and cumbersome not to mention more slippery.

You could replace the analogue sticks with some cheap third party ones, which takes a lot more effort as you have to open up the controller fully but still doesn't fix the loose analogue. In the end I just replace as its easier and in the end third party stuff is almost never as good as the origional :P

I guess if you want to save money, it would be a good option.

hinch said:
DonFerrari said:

Hey man, couldn't you just have saved some money bying the rubber for the analog? I have one weared off here that my son use, have seem these rubbers for sale but haven`t bought and replaced it myself to see how good they are.

I've tried the thumb silicon covers and they make the controller much worse.They make the sticks too tall and cumbersome not to mention more slippery.

You could replace the analogue sticks with some cheap third party ones, which takes a lot more effort as you have to open up the controller fully but still doesn't fix the loose analogue. In the end I just replace as its easier and in the end third party stuff is almost never as good as the origional :P

I guess if you want to save money, it would be a good option.

I have three DS4 (one is totally torn, another have a hole and the Pro is pristine) so I don't really need to replace the analog stick I guess, and my son plays happy with the torn one so it will be like that. Next year I'll have PS5 so he will be using the other DS4 as well.

But thanks for the tip that the silicon cover isn't a good alternative.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."