By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 controller battery leaked

I hate leaking batteries, such a mess :p

Around the Network

Should hopefully get a good 12-14 hours from a charge then... hopefully. I wish whatever wizards at valve made the steam controllers helped the console makers out. In my experience:

PS4 controller : 7-8 hours per charge
XBO Controller : 7-8 hours per pair of AA batteries
Joycons : 15-20 hours per charge
Steam Controller : 80+ hours per pair of AA batteries.

Damn those leaking batteries. Hopefully, they don't explode.

Hiku said:

1560 mAh  is about a ~75% increase from the Dualshock 4 battery that had 1000 mAh.

Assuming the controllers suck the same amount of mAs out of the batterie pack, the increase is precisely 56%. As we do not know whether the DualSense needs more or less mAs (some suggest the latter, as rumble > haptics), any discussion is moot at this point.

Could they have picked a dumber paint tool to use? Pro controllers are still the king for console controllers at 40 hours.

Last edited by Leynos - on 13 August 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I could say something really mean. But instead I'll just say; Yay, more battery power, that's a good thing.

But to end this on a bit of a mean note anyway, I'll say that the big thing that should be improved is the fact that it should be able to actually hold its charge while it lays dormant overnight, unlike DS4. I never actually got to play with a controller that wasn't almost dead.

S.Peelman said:
I could say something really mean. But instead I'll just say; Yay, more battery power, that's a good thing.

But to end this on a bit of a mean note anyway, I'll say that the big thing that should be improved is the fact that it should be able to actually hold its charge while it lays dormant overnight, unlike DS4. I never actually got to play with a controller that wasn't almost dead.

Eh the only controller I've ever had that hasn't held it's charge is the WiiU Gamepad, never had this issue with a PS4 controller or any other Nintendo/MS/Sony controller for that matter.

I would say this is more a problem with your particular controller rather than the DS4 as a whole, or maybe whatever you are using to charge it is killing the battery.

Barkley said:
S.Peelman said:

Eh the only controller I've ever had that hasn't held it's charge is the WiiU Gamepad, never had this issue with a PS4 controller or any other Nintendo/MS/Sony controller for that matter.

I would say this is more a problem with your particular controller rather than the DS4 as a whole, or maybe whatever you are using to charge it is killing the battery.

I have multiple controllers, and they only ever charge through the PS4 itself. And yes, this was also bad on the WiiU GamePad.

Well not good building quality, don't like battery leaks, they damage the environment.

And 75% improvement would be really good.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

S.Peelman said:
Barkley said:

I have multiple controllers, and they only ever charge through the PS4 itself. And yes, this was also bad on the WiiU GamePad.

Unlucky you. Mine even hold battery for over a week if I'm not playing. With my regular 4h per day playing it would have about 2 days of gameplay per controller. My child controller seems to not be holding battery at all after 6 years, but I believe he cycled them to much.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."