By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something is going on at CAPCOM: Yoshinori Ono has resigned.

Street Fighter V is fun to play, the main issues are some input lag and the net code. Aside of that, it’s a pretty solid game.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
I think Capcom is going to focus on Resident evil, monster hunter, devil may cry which did very well and pretty much saved Campcom. I also think they will abondon games/genres which are doing poorly like street fighter, which iconic as it is, is pretty much dead. Some employees are probably not too happy about that. But SF V didn't sell well at all.

They could take inspiration from Mortal combat 11, and Injustice 2, which both feel "fresh" to some degree.
Both which did well not just critially but in sales too.

SF probably needs some form of innovaction that isnt related to the fighting aspect, but the rest of the game.
I dislike swapping fighting games, if SF goes away my will to play a fighter, is probably gone too.

Xxain said:
What will be Ono's next move?

Bamco or Indie Street Fighter? Combo of both?

*vomits*

The indie street fighter... no thanks.
Fighters are niche but need a following to really be enjoyable, since its about the online fighting aspects.

Fighting games are not kinde to indies, or vice versa.
Its a bad combo, is what Im trying to say.

twintail said:

Unless he was fired. There are rumours that SF6 is getting internally delayed due to a poor team system he was pushing for the game. He'd also been demoted twice since SF5 released.

It's speculation at this point but he could be at fault, or its Capcom being a junk company. Or maybe he just wants something new.

Wanting something new with a publisher that's known to want to stick to it's old ways can be a reason for demotion and sometimes even being forced to leave.

For years it has been known that Capcom has wanted to make RE a more action orientated game over what the series used to be, as just one example. Some Japanese companies can be stubborn just as Western ones can, but more so then usual, so this sort of move doesn't really surprise me as much.

Capcom is a publisher that is still far from perfect, so I still see some stubbornness in them.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

it is because he was the director of SF6, but due to the game not turning up that great he was demoted and Capcom put another person in charge. Most probably that is why he resigned.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/aug/06/rumor-street-fighter-6-was-slated-2021-release-was-internally-delayed/

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
Street Fighter V is fun to play, the main issues are some input lag and the net code. Aside of that, it’s a pretty solid game.

But that's the game now though not when it released in fact pre-CE SFV was a very weak product it's only after CE that it became solid and CE only released this year mind you this is why the game attracts a lot of criticism as it's taken 4 years to get to this point and it still has some issues.

BraLoD said:
Blanka is officially dead.

Damn, really?  Not that I played this series since SFII Turbo and Super SFII on the SNES, but that was always my favorite character.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)