Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is everyone's PS5/Xbox Series X price predictions?

What do you think the next-gen consoles will cost?

PS5 - $500 / XSX - $500 18 60.00%

PS5 - $500 / XSX - $450 1 3.33%

PS5 - $500 / XSX - $400 3 10.00%

PS5 - $450 / XSX - $500 4 13.33%

PS5 - $450 / XSX - $450 1 3.33%

PS5 - $450 / XSX - $400 0 0.00%

PS5 - $400 / XSX - $500 2 6.67%

PS5 - $400 / XSX - $450 1 3.33%

PS5 - $400 / XSX - $400 0 0.00%

Total:30

I know there has been a few of these, so why not another? What is everyone's price predictions for the PS5 and Xbox Series X? I would be very surprised if we don't find out within the next 3 weeks or so! Here are mine:

Xbox Series X - $399

Xbox Series S (if it exists) - $199 (with no optical disk drive option, so digital only to help recoup costs)

PlayStation 5 - $449 (yes I am predicting MS will bite the bullet and purposefully undercut Sony on price)

PlayStation 5 Digital Edition - $399

Last edited by NextGen_Gamer - on 28 July 2020

Around the Network

Both - $499.99

Series X - $550
PS5 - $500
Ps5 - Digital - $450
Series S - $300

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Captain_Yuri said:
Series X - $550
PS5 - $500
Ps5 - Digital - $450
Series S - $300

I am VERY curious if either of them will push past that $500 barrier, since both have been burned by high-priced console launches in the past (Sony with the $599 PS3 and Microsoft with the $499 Xbox One)...

I agree $500 would be an artificial cap. It's a big ask after seeing previous launches like the above post said. Dunno if they'd gamble by launching a premium model over $500. Will the discless model cost less? Can't imagine it's an expensive part, or would it somehow give the impression of being inferior (which to me it is, I like my media). Competition wise we have to see who fires first. I mean $50 difference isn't a big deal and going up to $100 less would be a hefty dent in profit. I'd guess they launch about the same price and try to buy customers through exclusives. Then you wonder if economic issues affect their asking price. With so many out of work we could have a slow start to the gen.

So if I were going to vote I'd say both at $400 just to leave room for a premium model or bundle at a later time.

Around the Network

Xbox Series X: $500
Xbox Series S: $300

Playstation 5: $450
Playstation 5 Digital: $400

Xbox series S will launch next year I think.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

NextGen_Gamer said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Series X - $550
PS5 - $500
Ps5 - Digital - $450
Series S - $300

I am VERY curious if either of them will push past that $500 barrier, since both have been burned by high-priced console launches in the past (Sony with the $599 PS3 and Microsoft with the $499 Xbox One)...

Yea more realistically, the Series X will probably be $500 as well but I feel like MS will ask a premium for that "Most powerful console" branding like they did with the One X where as the series S will fill in that value budget role.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

PS5 - $499
PS5 Digital - $449
Xbox Series X - $449
Xbox Series S - $299

derpysquirtle64 said:
PS5 - $499
PS5 Digital - $449
Xbox Series X - $449
Xbox Series S - $299

Now that would be a twist

Its just a matter of time before someone bites the bullet and goes first.

I'm thinking Sony will announce PS5 price first at $500 SE $400 DE.

Microsoft will follow at suit and reveal Xbox Series X price at $500.

Series S will launch later next year at $300.