By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eiyuden Chronicle (Suikoden successor) Most successful Japanese Kickstarter game

Hiku said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Heh, just clicked on the Kickstarter and saw it is already above $1.5m.  That's a really good sign.  It will be interesting to see how high it gets by the time the Kickstarter ends.  

I kind of think games/series that get discovered later, like this one, are primed to do really well on Kickstarter.  This series was not even on my radar back in the PS1/PS2 days.  It's hard to know how many Suikoden fans are out there, but you can look at the price of buying a used Suikoden 2 to get some indication that the series has a strong following.

I've always been aware of Suikoden having a passionate following (just not how many of them there are), partially because I've been following Suikoden Revival Movement and I have some friends who organize annual Suikoden conventions. And a site called Suikosource which I believe I first visited around 2002, is still up and running today. http://www.suikosource.com/

Wow, looks like the Suikoden Revival Movement has basically achieved their goal.  Considering it has over 32k followers, I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets around 32k backers by the time it closes.

Around the Network

Extra characters will be added as goals,maybe till we get 108 total ? :p

Immersiveunreality said:

Was just reading the faq and got to this question lol 

I imagine most (if not all) of those characters are gonna be mostly NPCs or supporting/quest characters. 

About $1,9m raised, and 18,000+ backers.
Not bad for its first 24hours (soon).

Please be good please be good.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

Pretty exciting! Crossing my fingers it sticks with current gen consoles, not sure I will have a next gen console by then... if at all...

Jpcc86 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Was just reading the faq and got to this question lol 

I imagine most (if not all) of those characters are gonna be mostly NPCs or supporting/quest characters. 

In the first few suikoden you could get many of them in your party to fight with you and even the few that did not have combat use were indeed used for minigames or shops.

gergroy said:
Pretty exciting! Crossing my fingers it sticks with current gen consoles, not sure I will have a next gen console by then... if at all...

Me too, if it wasn't for the PS4 version I wouldn't even be considering the game (unless they decide to make the Switch version).

Passed the 2m goal already in just 24hrs.

Bristow9091 said:
Not-so-fun fact: I've never actually played a Suikoden game, but this does actually look gorgeous from a graphical standpoint, and I know the Suikoden series is held very highly by the people that've played it, I just never got around to doing so myself lol... I'm actually really excited with how fast this is hitting those stretch goals, wonder how high it'll end up! :o

If you have a ps3 or a vita, you should do yourself a favor and get suikoden 2, probably 1 as well, but especially 2.  Suikoden 2 is one of the best RPG’s of all time, it’s up there with CHRONO trigger.  It has aged really well too.