By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eiyuden Chronicle (Suikoden successor) Most successful Japanese Kickstarter game

And it was all thanks to me.

Lol jk, seriously tho thats fantastic, so I guess it will indeed come out for every platform then. I wonder if they'll consider expanding their original plans for the game after this.

Around the Network

Watching this in real time is something

It looks awesome. Personally as a rule, I am not gonna back it until it comes out but when it does and assuming it ends up being great, I'll buy it for sure.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Edit: Hello, this post was once about an illustration in the kickstarter. It was not that important of an opinion.

Last edited by Stellar_Fungk - on 27 July 2020

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Hell yeah!

Around the Network

It's down again for me.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I really, REALLY, dislike games that have dozens upon dozens of playable carachters.

Having said that, I LOVE OT artstyle and I'm happy that other developers are starting to adopt it. Plus Suidoken on DS was legitimately fun. I'll keep an eye on this.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Turn based goodness :) Hell yes!

BraLoD said:
Kickstarter tho.
It almost always end up being a disappointment and a real long wait...
Hope it gets all the success it can, btw.

The thing is.... what are the chances of getting another Suikoden-like game, if not this?
Doesn't seem like others really want to give it a try (probably too much work).

I share your pain about kickstarter though, more than half of even the bigger ones, dont end up well (imo).
Wish he had all the money and time he needed to make a fantastic new game, financed by some big publisher.
Being dependent on kickstarter doesnt always result in the best of work.

JRPGfan said:
BraLoD said:
Kickstarter tho.
It almost always end up being a disappointment and a real long wait...
Hope it gets all the success it can, btw.

The thing is.... what are the chances of getting another Suikoden-like game, if not this?
Doesn't seem like others really want to give it a try (probably too much work).

I share your pain about kickstarter though, more than half of even the bigger ones, dont end up well (imo).
Wish he had all the money and time he needed to make a fantastic new game, financed by some big publisher.
Being dependent on kickstarter doesnt always result in the best of work.

Aye, its probably the closest thing to a Suikoden experience we are gonna get after well over 10 years. Plus when a kickstarter turns out right, it usually turns out really good, like Bloodstained, Shovel Knight and of course Hollow Knight. Its a passion project done by the creators themselves, so I rather give them the benefit of the doubt. Not every crowdfunding campaign is Mighty No. 9.