Forums - Gaming Discussion - Farcry 6 Only 4k and HDR on Xbox one X and series X, not Ps4 or Ps5, so weaker hardware now confirm?

Thoughts? I'm almost 2 years without a ban, so nah.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Bristow9091 said:
Bit weird if it turns out that the One X can run the game at 4k HDR but the PS5 can't... o.O

Did you not read the thread? Isn't it odd that as a mod you just jumped to the end after reading the click bait headline?

Well, to be fair, all of this started because of Ubisoft's first response:

"Hello! As indicated in the banner, Far Cry 6 will run in 4K Ultra HD only on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Then they deleted the tweet and gave their second response, which doesn't help much imo because why on earth would Ubisoft not have "information to add about other systems at this time"? I can't think of one single reason why Ubisoft would not be able to say that the game runs at 4K on PS5 as well.



So Xbox One X >>>> PS5 confirmed??



chakkra said:
Bandorr said:

Did you not read the thread? Isn't it odd that as a mod you just jumped to the end after reading the click bait headline?

Well, to be fair, all of this started because of Ubisoft's first response:

"Hello! As indicated in the banner, Far Cry 6 will run in 4K Ultra HD only on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Then they deleted the tweet and gave their second response, which doesn't help much imo because why on earth would Ubisoft not have "information to add about other systems at this time"? I can't think of one single reason why Ubisoft would not be able to say that the game runs at 4K on PS5 as well.

Well, I thought of a reason, and that is that MS has marketing rights for FC6. But that is the only reason I can think of.



chakkra said:
Bandorr said:

Did you not read the thread? Isn't it odd that as a mod you just jumped to the end after reading the click bait headline?

Well, to be fair, all of this started because of Ubisoft's first response:

"Hello! As indicated in the banner, Far Cry 6 will run in 4K Ultra HD only on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Then they deleted the tweet and gave their second response, which doesn't help much imo because why on earth would Ubisoft not have "information to add about other systems at this time"? I can't think of one single reason why Ubisoft would not be able to say that the game runs at 4K on PS5 as well.

"because why on earth" would the game run 4K on the XsX but not the NEW console that is coming out THREE YEARS LATER?

To be fair to whom? We are in the now. This thread was created now. It wasn't created based on the first deleted thread - it was created on the response one. Which is them responding to a PICTURE OF THE GAME.

Instead of questioning why the back of an XBOX game case would mention anything about Playstation - you question why Ubisoft doesn't want to talk about Playstation?



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Bristow9091 said:
Bit weird if it turns out that the One X can run the game at 4k HDR but the PS5 can't... o.O

Did you not read the thread? Isn't it odd that as a mod you just jumped to the end after reading the click bait headline?

Not sure what me being a mod has anything to do with my post, but I guess you also didn't see my edit either? o.O



Bandorr said:
chakkra said:

Well, to be fair, all of this started because of Ubisoft's first response:

"Hello! As indicated in the banner, Far Cry 6 will run in 4K Ultra HD only on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Then they deleted the tweet and gave their second response, which doesn't help much imo because why on earth would Ubisoft not have "information to add about other systems at this time"? I can't think of one single reason why Ubisoft would not be able to say that the game runs at 4K on PS5 as well.

"because why on earth" would the game run 4K on the XsX but not the NEW console that is coming out THREE YEARS LATER?

To be fair to whom? We are in the now. This thread was created now. It wasn't created based on the first deleted thread - it was created on the response one. Which is them responding to a PICTURE OF THE GAME.

Instead of questioning why the back of an XBOX game case would mention anything about Playstation - you question why Ubisoft doesn't want to talk about Playstation?

Sorry i just link the response, because the first tweet from ubisoft was delete.



34 years playing games.

 

Bandorr said:
chakkra said:

Well, to be fair, all of this started because of Ubisoft's first response:

"Hello! As indicated in the banner, Far Cry 6 will run in 4K Ultra HD only on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Then they deleted the tweet and gave their second response, which doesn't help much imo because why on earth would Ubisoft not have "information to add about other systems at this time"? I can't think of one single reason why Ubisoft would not be able to say that the game runs at 4K on PS5 as well.

"because why on earth" would the game run 4K on the XsX but not the NEW console that is coming out THREE YEARS LATER?

To be fair to whom? We are in the now. This thread was created now. It wasn't created based on the first deleted thread - it was created on the response one. Which is them responding to a PICTURE OF THE GAME.

Instead of questioning why the back of an XBOX game case would mention anything about Playstation - you question why Ubisoft doesn't want to talk about Playstation?

Like I said in the post above that you missed: MS seems to have the marketing rights for this game. That would be the only explanation as to why Ubisoft would withhold that information.



Bristow9091 said:
Bandorr said:

Did you not read the thread? Isn't it odd that as a mod you just jumped to the end after reading the click bait headline?

Not sure what me being a mod has anything to do with my post, but I guess you also didn't see my edit either? o.O

Mods typically being an authority I hold to a higher standard. Like actually reading a thread before responding to click bait.

This isn't a 500+ thread you could have just read.. the second post. Or if you scrolled to the fourth one you would see the image I included.

I did not see said edit or said edit would have been included in my quoting of you. That's the wonder of quoting - it captures the moment of response.

And to further the insanity of such a concept.

Wouldn't "(Xbox One X & Xbox Series X)" exclude PC as well? Think the PS5 won't hit 4K is insane.. thinking the PC wouldn't is just crazy.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
chakkra said:
Bandorr said:

"because why on earth" would the game run 4K on the XsX but not the NEW console that is coming out THREE YEARS LATER?

To be fair to whom? We are in the now. This thread was created now. It wasn't created based on the first deleted thread - it was created on the response one. Which is them responding to a PICTURE OF THE GAME.

Instead of questioning why the back of an XBOX game case would mention anything about Playstation - you question why Ubisoft doesn't want to talk about Playstation?

Like I said in the post above that you missed: MS seems to have the marketing rights for this game. That would be the only explanation as to why Ubisoft would withhold that information.

Yes and that is a logical thought. As opposed to some how a three year old console running 4k.. but the PC and PS5 not. I applaud your ability to think of a basic logic idea instead of falling off a conspiracy cliff.

Also a suggestion don't read that twitter thread. It is a gigantic disaster of fanboys (really of any console) being their absolute worst to each other.  The world is frightening without any basic logic, reason or thought.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)