By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Farcry 6 Only 4k and HDR on Xbox one X and series X, not Ps4 or Ps5, so weaker hardware now confirm?

Bandorr said:
chakkra said:

Well, to be fair, all of this started because of Ubisoft's first response:

"Hello! As indicated in the banner, Far Cry 6 will run in 4K Ultra HD only on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Then they deleted the tweet and gave their second response, which doesn't help much imo because why on earth would Ubisoft not have "information to add about other systems at this time"? I can't think of one single reason why Ubisoft would not be able to say that the game runs at 4K on PS5 as well.

"because why on earth" would the game run 4K on the XsX but not the NEW console that is coming out THREE YEARS LATER?

To be fair to whom? We are in the now. This thread was created now. It wasn't created based on the first deleted thread - it was created on the response one. Which is them responding to a PICTURE OF THE GAME.

Instead of questioning why the back of an XBOX game case would mention anything about Playstation - you question why Ubisoft doesn't want to talk about Playstation?

Sorry i just link the response, because the first tweet from ubisoft was delete.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
chakkra said:

Well, to be fair, all of this started because of Ubisoft's first response:

"Hello! As indicated in the banner, Far Cry 6 will run in 4K Ultra HD only on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Then they deleted the tweet and gave their second response, which doesn't help much imo because why on earth would Ubisoft not have "information to add about other systems at this time"? I can't think of one single reason why Ubisoft would not be able to say that the game runs at 4K on PS5 as well.

"because why on earth" would the game run 4K on the XsX but not the NEW console that is coming out THREE YEARS LATER?

To be fair to whom? We are in the now. This thread was created now. It wasn't created based on the first deleted thread - it was created on the response one. Which is them responding to a PICTURE OF THE GAME.

Instead of questioning why the back of an XBOX game case would mention anything about Playstation - you question why Ubisoft doesn't want to talk about Playstation?

Like I said in the post above that you missed: MS seems to have the marketing rights for this game. That would be the only explanation as to why Ubisoft would withhold that information.

I found the original one.  I don't think it's a game case though, looks more like a poster or page.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

if XBOX ONE X can have 4k; hdr; then obviously the PS5 can do it too.

Beyond the obvious of this being misinformation, has anyone said an SSD will help with resolution? Pretty sure thats not one of the promoted benefits.

Around the Network

maybe the ps5 will run it at 4.5k since its more powerful

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.