By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Reason why I preffer Halo 3 to COD4 online...

COD 4 people can sneak around and snipe you off. I bet there heaps of people who cheat online in both COD 4 and Halo 3.

Around the Network

Why I prefer Cod4 online over Halo 3 online (yes, i've played both)

1. CoD4 is more tactical, damage is realistic, you can't jump to dodge a grenade...well you can try! :)

2. I like the shooting better, looking down the barrel or using your hard earned sights or Acog scope beats halo's run and gun style.

3. Prestige mode keeps it fresh, once your top rank in Halo 3 you stay there. At least in CoD4 you can do it 10 times.

4. Knifes are cool, meleeing is old!

5. Different weapon/perk combinations for different uses. In halo all you do is pick up the shotty and own. In CoD4 you can customize any gun with a grenade launcher, different sights, and different perks.

6. Vehicles in Cod4 would just make it lame i think. Plus the levels aren't big enough for vehicles. Good luck navigating a jeep on backlot or bog, etc.

Edit:

7. Airstrikes/Helicopter support make it valuable to go on a good kill streak.

I just found CoD4 multi refreshing while I kinda got bored of Halo. People are cheap in that game, it becomes not fun (mauler+melée = kill). I'll only Halo 3 with friends over live.

I just had more fun with CoD4.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i really don't think either of the 2 games are that tactical
there intense shooters not RTS games

I couldn't care less about realism. I already live in the real world.

Around the Network
selnor said:
After playing Halo 3 for so long online, I found Call of Duty 4 to easy. COD4 is a good game but not really what I wanted online for a realistic war game. I actually prefer Battlefield 2 to both of these

Agreed. I'm more looking forward to the next Battlefield then the any other "modern" warfare game out now or coming out.  I think a real console version of a Battlefield game would do awesome on 360/PS3.  They keep putting out crap spin-offs that are just don't work (Bad Company included).  Of course I'm not sure how 64 player online would work on a console.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
jasonnc80 said:
selnor said:
After playing Halo 3 for so long online, I found Call of Duty 4 to easy. COD4 is a good game but not really what I wanted online for a realistic war game. I actually prefer Battlefield 2 to both of these

Agreed. I'm more looking forward to the next Battlefield then the any other "modern" warfare game out now or coming out.  I think a real console version of a Battlefield game would do awesome on 360/PS3.  They keep putting out crap spin-offs that are just don't work (Bad Company included).  Of course I'm not sure how 64 player online would work on a console.

It would be no problem if they would buck up and invest in some dedicated servers. With what they charge for live it ought to be a standard part of the infrastructure.

Toss up for me. Halo and CoD are both in my blood. I would have to say Halo 3 only because I have more friends playing it. Today though made me want to not play Halo with the insane amount of bullshit that was happening while I was playing. Luckily I wasn't playing on my own account.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

quarashi said:
Toss up for me. Halo and CoD are both in my blood. I would have to say Halo 3 only because I have more friends playing it. Today though made me want to not play Halo with the insane amount of bullshit that was happening while I was playing. Luckily I wasn't playing on my own account.

LOL. Issues with live or just cheap kills?

I think i've played with exploiters maybe 4 times.
In a games one guy on the enemy team had 39 kills while everyone else was lagging out..... bull****.

and also there was that time where my team was winning by 10 then all of the sudden my whole team gets really laggy and the enemy team wins by 20 kills.

It really pisses me off.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive