By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Reason why I preffer Halo 3 to COD4 online...

Vehicles get so fucking anooying, imo.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
I found CoD4 to be too much of a luck game, Halo3 takes more skill to be good at. A no lag match of CoD4 with a M16 red dot with Bandolier/stopping power/deep impact is unbeatable. You can hold down entire teams in corners with just one player.

LOL. Yeah this sounds about right...

I also want to mention that while the single campaign of COD4 is better, I think that the story and the universe of halo is much more fascinating. Brutes, elites, prophets...and the religious subconscious meanings are rather interesting. But I'm a sci-fi geek so...

@CaptainPreferences - I hated vehicles in Halo 2 but now I got used to them and know how to fight them as well as use them well in battle.

I love both, now I'm playing COD4 but Halo3 will see me as soon as the new maps are out.

I simply prefer CoD4 because of the superior levelling system. Although I wish it had the stat-tracking of Halo 3.

tbh, Halo bored me. I thought the sheilds made the gun play to slow.

yea and, halo bored me to hell. I got ranked up to level 25 and I got bored as hell even when I used to play with my friends.

O yea that ranking system is fucked also. If your team sucks and you lose you lose ranks...

Around the Network

I prefer halo because cod 4 is laggy and since I was raised on doom and quake I prefer arcade shooters to realistic shooters.

^ Cod4 is probably laggy because 360 doesn't use dedicated servers and like 2 million people are playing online at once...

CaptainPrefrences said:
^ Cod4 is probably laggy because 360 doesn't use dedicated servers and like 2 million people are playing online at once...

Even for the PS3 it does not have those servers, it uses P2P shit and lags like crazy.  Thats why i stopped playing.

how can you say halo is accurate?! i didnt think shooting like 4 clips into someone, then getting a power up and shooting more would kill someone. gameplay tactics? do you mean that you dont like gameplay tactics because there are non in halo, like you said its all out warfare, perfect for ages 15 and down.

oh and by the way, vehicles have ruined every great video game series i know of. then again, halo is not a realistic shooter so ya.